Status
Not open for further replies.

vividwarrior

Hello,

I've vBDownloads installed for the purpose of uploading PDF Books. Authors upload their books in text form (low size) as well as in scanned form (high size). PDF Books ranges from 1MB to about 150MB. There could be more big PDF Books BUT this is not a issue because books can be uploaded in parts if they're too big.

What suggestion I need from you is that what is the best maximum size I should allow for PDF files? I know that bigger files have serious effect on server (while they're being downloaded) and so effects overall forum performance like reducing speed, etc

Well, whatever the file size is; its downloading will effect a little on server STILL what could be the best size which dont effect too much. Would its be 10MB or 40MB or 80MB or 120MB or 200MB or more ????????????????????????

P.S please move this thread to right section if its not right place.

The size itself has no effect on the server, simply the number of people downloading at the same time. It's completely dependant on the particular server connection you have. It's unlikely downloads will have a big effect on performance, though you may want to ensure you do not exceed any bandwidth limit you may have.

The size itself has no effect on the server, simply the number of people downloading at the same time. It's completely dependant on the particular server connection you have. It's unlikely downloads will have a big effect on performance, though you may want to ensure you do not exceed any bandwidth limit you may have.
hmmmm

I mostly get slow download speed while downloading large files from free file hosts. But when I download small files, they downloads fast. So, I thought that file size matters. If its not then I will allow 200MB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy vBDownloads

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings