Stuck on a transaction

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did a reset all the way back to day one on my forum and while processing transactions the system is stuck on one transaction. Been on this one for hours.

How do I check to see if there is a bad transaction or what?

When processing pending transactions, it should be okay to stop it by going to another page and then returning to try it again. Sometimes your server can give up halfway through (due to the time spent processing so many users) without conveying this to your browser, making it look stalled. Did you try it multiple times? You can always lower the number of users to process at a time (default is 1k)

I upped some of the values in my php.ini file to avoid time outs and now it goes further but eventually it still stalls. I have even gone so far as to limit it to one transaction at a time!

Where are the transactions stored before they are processed?

Yes. I have already increased the PHP Memory limit to 256M but when I come back to see it stuck on one transaction for over an hour I just don't know what to do.

I can always do the "stuck" user on their own but what do i do with the other 49 users on that page? I don't want to do each one on their own, I'll be doing this forever with over 5K members!

Are there particular actions you are selecting that cause it to always happen? Can you try doing the actions 1 at a time until you find the one thats messing up?

I gave up and gave everyone D+R+P for credits.

While the system was chugging away there were well over 1 million transactions in the DB. My members are happy with what they have for starting credits.

Well, see, I would prefer you did not give up because that means there is probably a bug being left in there :p
It also sounds like you were not using the recalculation tool to properly replace existing transactions, so they were just continuing to pile up.

Should have set yes for recalc, yes for prune existing, no for reverse, yes for both target all time and actions. then 0 for the formulas.

If youd like, I can take a look for you, but Id need you to PM me an admin login and ftp access.

Status
Not open for further replies.