Bug Negating a skipped event - application on edited posts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeremy

Customer
I'm not sure if this is a bug or more of a question. I set up a posting event on a node that was limited to every 18 hours and I noticed the negation issue a little while later. Fortunately the update had just been released for this, so I installed it. It did stop extra negations from taking away credits, but I'm wondering if it could still be adjusted a little bit.

In one test I did, I made a new post which gave me the credits. I then edited an older post, which took away credits. But this basically cancels out any credits I made in the 18 hour block since I edited a different one.

Is it possible to have the negation events check the reference_id / content_id and only apply if a positive event on the same post was applied? And also, when the edited post is resubmitted, the positive amount would still go through since the post was originally allowed. (In other words, events for the edited posts would be allowed only if the original post had an event applied.)

Note: I currently have the "Smart event negation" setting turned off. Not sure if this would affect anything if I turn it on.

Last edited:
Note: I currently have the "Smart event negation" setting turned off. Not sure if this would affect anything if I turn it on.
Part of the fix is to turn this setting on, though for the next version I will make an additional change to skip any negation from occurring if a matching Apply event is not found.

Hello @Jeremy,

We hope your ticket regarding DragonByte Credits has been addressed to your satisfaction. This ticket has now been scheduled to be closed.

If your ticket has not been resolved, you can reply to this thread at any point in the next 7 days in order to reopen the ticket, afterwards this thread will be closed.

Please do not reply to this thread if your ticket has been resolved.

Thank you.

- DragonByte Technologies, Ltd.

Hello @Jeremy,

As we have not heard back from you, your ticket regarding DragonByte Credits has now been closed.

If your ticket has not been resolved, please feel free to start a new support ticket and link back to this ticket.

If you have time, please leave a review on XenForo.com's Resource Manager.

Thank you.

- DragonByte Technologies, Ltd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DragonByte Credits

XenForo 1.5.3+ XenForo 2.0.x XenForo 2.1.x XenForo 2.2.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating