Bug Sitemap Generation Report

Status
Not open for further replies.

SemiWiki

Customer
There is a problem with my site map generation. According to Google they do not have it. They are not getting submitted to Google.

Also we publish 20 articles per week which is the mainstay of our site. Where are the new articles in this report? The CMS section?

> Your sitemap for SemiWiki.com (https://www.semiwiki.com/forum) has been
> generated, and submitted to selected search engines.
>
> Summary:
> Custom URLs: 0 - +0
> Member Profile URLs: 17,252 - +10
> Show Thread URLs: 1,570 - +5
> Forum Display URLs: 192 - +1
> Poll Results URLs: 10 - +0
> Member Profile Album URLs: 212 - +0
> Social Group URLs: 7 - +0
> Social Group Discussion URLs: 3 - +0
> Tag URLs: 2,380 - +52
> CMS Content URLs: 3,222 - +1
> CMS Section URLs: 100 - +0
> Total: 24,948 - +69

Can you please be more specific when you say "According to Google"?

If you are trying to log in to Google Webmaster Tools and expecting it to show up there automatically, that's not going to happen. You will need to manually submit the sitemap to GWT in order for them to index it. For the correct link to do so, please manually build the sitemap and use the "here" link in the "build successful" text in order to point GWT to your sitemap.

CMS Content URLs is the number of articles you are submitting to Google & others.

Can you please be more specific when you say "According to Google"?

If you are trying to log in to Google Webmaster Tools and expecting it to show up there automatically, that's not going to happen. You will need to manually submit the sitemap to GWT in order for them to index it. For the correct link to do so, please manually build the sitemap and use the "here" link in the "build successful" text in order to point GWT to your sitemap.

CMS Content URLs is the number of articles you are submitting to Google & others.

Will do, thank you.

My site is very active with articles and forum posts but I do not see that activity reflected in this report. We publish 20 articles and dozens of new forum posts every week:

Summary:
Custom URLs: 0 - +0
Member Profile URLs: 17,280 - +22
Show Thread URLs: 1,573 - +2
Forum Display URLs: 192 - +0
Poll Results URLs: 10 - +0
Member Profile Album URLs: 212 - +0
Social Group URLs: 7 - +0
Social Group Discussion URLs: 3 - +0
Tag URLs: 2,413 - +18
CMS Content URLs: 3,228 - +3
CMS Section URLs: 100 - +0
Total: 25,018 - +45

What is the definition of "Show Thread URLs: 1,573 - +2" and "Forum Display URLs: 192 - +0"?

What is the definition of "CMS Content URLs: 3,228 - +3" and "CMS Section URLs: 100 - +0"?

What are "Custom URLs: 0 - +0"?

"Show Thread URLs: 1,573 - +2"
This means there are 1,573 threads currently accessible to guests* and/or in forums not affected by the Forum Exclude feature in the sitemap settings. It also means 2 new threads were posted matching the above criteria since the last time the sitemap was generated.

"Forum Display URLs: 192 - +0"?
This means there are 192 forums currently accessible to guests* and/or in forums not affected by the Forum Exclude feature in the sitemap settings. It also means 0 new forums were added matching the above criteria since the last time the sitemap was generated.

"CMS Content URLs: 3,228 - +3"
This means there are 3,228 vBCMS Articles currently accessible to guests*. It also means 3 new articles were added matching the above criteria since the last time the sitemap was generated.

"CMS Section URLs: 100 - +0"?
This means there are 100 vBCMS Sections currently accessible to guests*. It also means 0 new sections were added matching the above criteria since the last time the sitemap was generated.

What are "Custom URLs: 0 - +0"?
Please refer to the Custom Sitemap URLs feature in the DBSEO CP for this feature.

* = "Accessible to guests" means guests can view the forum, guests can view threads, guests can view thread contents, forum is not password protected, thread is not under moderation.

Thank you for the info. Let me check on this.

FYI: SemiWiki.com is fully accessible to guests for browsing. You must register to post however.

If you can't determine a reason why it's not showing all your content in the sitemap, feel free to PM me with FTP and AdminCP info and I'll have a looksee :)

Okay, let me spend more time on this first to make sure I'm not mistaken.

Another question, when setting priorities in the Sitemap: Page Settings menu. Why is there a range of 0.0 - 1.0 rather than a single number? And just to confirm, is 1 the highest priority?

Another question, when setting priorities in the Sitemap: Page Settings menu. Why is there a range of 0.0 - 1.0 rather than a single number? And just to confirm, is 1 the highest priority?

The priority range is a standard that was set for all sitemaps quite a long time ago.

From Google "Priority - Describes the priority of a URL relative to all the other URLs on the site. This priority can range from 1.0 (extremely important) to 0.1 (not important at all). Note that the priority tag does not affect your site ranking in Google search results. Priority values are only considered relative to other pages on your site so, assigning a high priority (or specifying the same priority for all URLs) will not boost your entire site search ranking."

sitemaps.org - Protocol
https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/183668?hl=en&ref_topic=6080646&rd=1

Thank you for the link, it was very helpful. In looking at the email from the SEO software:

"Your sitemap for SemiWiki.com (https://www.semiwiki.com/forum) has been generated, and submitted to selected search engines."

Is this actually submitted to the search engines or is it just made available via the sitemap?

Also, in the CP it lists search engines: Google, Yahoo, Bing, Moreover, and Ask. Isn't Bing and Yahoo the same engine? And why not Baidu?

Is this actually submitted to the search engines or is it just made available via the sitemap?
Both.

Also, in the CP it lists search engines: Google, Yahoo, Bing, Moreover, and Ask. Isn't Bing and Yahoo the same engine?
Not as far as I know.

And why not Baidu?
Because in 99% of cases, the Baidu bot will actually flood your server and cause server instability, Baidu has been blocked on a server level from our server for that reason.

As this ticket has received no further replies, I'll close it.

If you have any other issues or questions, please feel free to start a new support ticket :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy DragonByte SEO

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings