Status
Not open for further replies.

terc

Customer
Hi,
I am having trouble setting up the vbdownload, A message window pops up say “There are errors in the settings on this page” I was wondering what I did wrong and I am trying to look for a vbdownload manual, but couldn’t find it. Please help!
Thanks
terc

It's probably the Path to Downloads setting. That one requires that you to put the path to the folder that will hold the downloads. It needs to be writeable from the vB script, so 755 permissions in some cases, 777 in others, depending on how your server is setup. It you type something in that field and then select another field, it will check to make sure it's set correctly and warn you if it's not.

It's probably the Path to Downloads setting. That one requires that you to put the path to the folder that will hold the downloads. It needs to be writeable from the vB script, so 755 permissions in some cases, 777 in others, depending on how your server is setup. It you type something in that field and then select another field, it will check to make sure it's set correctly and warn you if it's not.

Hi, Dylan
I tried both 775 and 777. still not working. Once i click on the "downloads" tag on nav_bar a blank window pops up saying "[h=1]The webpage cannot be found" Did i not set it up correctly? ->Path To Download i filled in "vb_download" that's the folder i named it under the root folder. [/h]terc

Hi, Dylan
I tried both 775 and 777. still not working. Once i click on the "downloads" tag on nav_bar a blank window pops up saying "The webpage cannot be found" Did i not set it up correctly? ->Path To Download i filled in "vb_download" that's the folder i named it under the root folder.

terc

did you change the text in the File Name field?
If you want to give me temp admin access I can take a look at what's going on.

You can pm it to me :)

Hi, Dylan
I sent over the admin id. I really do appreciate your help.
Thanks in advance
Terc

---------- Post added at 18:57 ---------- Previous post was at 16:51 ----------

Hi, Dylan
Thanks in advance
Terc

Hi, Dylan
Thank you so much for your quick help respond! Since there is not manual available, i will have to try step by step to figure things out. Thanks in advance
Terc

---------- Post added 19th November 2011 at 00:43 ---------- Previous post was 18th November 2011 at 18:57 ----------

Hi, Dylan
Thanks in advance
Terc

---------- Post added at 18:57 ---------- Previous post was at 16:51 ----------

Hi, Dylan
Thank you so much for your quick help respond! Since there is not manual available, i will have to try step by step to figure things out. Thanks in advance
Terc

Hi, Dylan
I was trying to set up ->Manager Modeles but could figure out each one of them. Let say i would like to set it up like these:
1) I would to set to the way everyone can see the "download" tab displays on the nav_bar.
2) Only register user can download, comment and use favorite modules, and once the user click on download, i would like that it will automaticly take out certain credit from the user account.
3) Only Admin can upload zip or rar files.

How do i set the permissions on the following Modules:
Modcp: ?
Download Module: ?
Comment Modules: ?
Favorite Modules: ?
Global Module
Upload Module: ?

4) I uploaded the "vb_downloads" folder with 4 rar files for testing, but didn't work somehow, the file names are
vbdownload_1
vbdownload_2
vbdownload_3
vbdownload_4

Thanks in advance
terc

hi, Dylan
Thanks for your quick respond. admin and pass is still the same. Looking foward to hear from you :)

Check it out again, it seems to be working right, I had to setup an extension for rar since that doesn't come with it.

I assumed you actually wanted admins, mods and super mods to be able to do the same stuff as registered users and not just the registered users, so I set it that way :)

Check it out again, it seems to be working right, I had to setup an extension for rar since that doesn't come with it.

I assumed you actually wanted admins, mods and super mods to be able to do the same stuff as registered users and not just the registered users, so I set it that way :)

Hey! Dylan you are the best!! Thank you so much!! How did you do it? i have been trying all i can to make all those mods i bought from dragonbyte tech to work, but i can only manage to make them appear on my website cos there no manuals available yet. i believe with your help, all those mods i bought will work very soon!!
:) Again thank you so much!!!
terc

---------- Post added at 12:50 ---------- Previous post was at 03:36 ----------

Hi, Dylan
i got anther question, when i try to upload a rar file by pressing "Upload File"
->Download Name
There is not way i can selet a file to upload.
Could you please tell me how you did it? if you need to admin access then the admin name and the pass are still the same.
Thanks in advance
terc

---------- Post added at 12:59 ---------- Previous post was at 12:50 ----------

PS
How to set password protection so, only those who has the pass can download
Thanks!

Hi, Dylan
i got anther question, when i try to upload a rar file by pressing "Upload File"
->Download Name
There is not way i can selet a file to upload.
Could you please tell me how you did it? if you need to admin access then the admin name and the pass are still the same.
Thanks in advance
terc
When you go to upload a file underneath the text editor it says Select File. Click that and it will open a file box.

PS
How to set password protection so, only those who has the pass can download
Thanks!
You set the option to allow password protection in the category. I updated your test category to allow it so you should see the option for the password now.

When you go to upload a file underneath the text editor it says Select File. Click that and it will open a file box.

Hi, Dylan
I can't see such as box, i included a link here. or would you be able to show it to me by using teamviewer?

You set the option to allow password protection in the category. I updated your test category to allow it so you should see the option for the password now.

yeah, i can see the password protection option available, but not the file upload box you mentioned.

---------- Post added at 15:06 ---------- Previous post was at 15:00 ----------

yeah, i can see the password protection option available, but not the file upload box you mentioned.

by the way i'm using internet explorer, does that make any difference?

---------- Post added at 15:45 ---------- Previous post was at 15:06 ----------

---------- Post added at 15:06 ---------- Previous post was at 15:00 ----------

by the way i'm using internet explorer, does that make any difference?

hi, Dylan, sorry about file upload box issue, it really doesn't know the file upload box cos i was using a netbook on windows xp, but then when i use a computer with windows 7 then it does show:)

That's ok, glad you figured it out, let me know if you run into anything else.

hahaha, i'm glad that i could figure it out too. i uploaded about 3 testing rar files and they are working perfectly fine.
1)i have been trying to figure it out how to delete those no longer useful uploaded files but no luck yet.
2) also trying to make the password protection work but can't figure it out yet either, maybe because i'm using teamviewer to access to my desktop from work. I will have to make when i get home tonight.

So, i would like some help about how to delete those uploaded rar files that no longer need
Thanks again
terc

---------- Post added at 17:22 ---------- Previous post was at 17:11 ----------

hahaha, i'm glad that i could figure it out too. i uploaded about 3 testing rar files and they are working perfectly fine.
1)i have been trying to figure it out how to delete those no longer useful uploaded files but no luck yet.
2) also trying to make the password protection work but can't figure it out yet either, maybe because i'm using teamviewer to access to my desktop from work. I will have to make when i get home tonight.

So, i would like some help about how to delete those uploaded rar files that no longer need
Thanks again
terc

In addition, i just stop by the dragonbyte tech downloads testing area and i also find out that the private users upload and download limitation is a very good option too, "Private Users
Please enter the usernames of the users that this download will be limited to. Seperate multiple users with a comma (,)."
please teach me how to configure it too :)

Thanks again
terc

---------- Post added at 17:22 ---------- Previous post was at 17:11 ----------

In addition, i just stop by the dragonbyte tech downloads testing area and i also find out that the private users upload and download limitation is a very good option too, "Private Users
Please enter the usernames of the users that this download will be limited to. Seperate multiple users with a comma (,)."
please teach me how to configure it too :)

There should be an option when viewing the download to edit/delete it.

To make a category able to have private downloads, just go to the ACP and go to manage categories. Click on the manage button next to the category you want to allow it on and select the option for Private.

There should be an option when viewing the download to edit/delete it.

To make a category able to have private downloads, just go to the ACP and go to manage categories. Click on the manage button next to the category you want to allow it on and select the option for Private.

Hi, Dylan
Now that everything you mentioned is showing on windows 7, but even i go to -> acp-> Downloads-> Manage Categories-> to set it as the follwoing:
"Allow Private Downloads" Yes
"Allow Password Protection" Yes

although i uploaded 2 rar files as private and password protected, any register user can download, edit even delete it if they want.
did i configure anything wrong? please help!
If you need to access to the website, the admin and pass are still the same.
Thanks
terc

---------- Post added 20th November 2011 at 01:10 ---------- Previous post was 19th November 2011 at 23:17 ----------

Hi, Dylan
Now that everything you mentioned is showing on windows 7, but even i go to -> acp-> Downloads-> Manage Categories-> to set it as the follwoing:
"Allow Private Downloads" Yes
"Allow Password Protection" Yes

although i uploaded 2 rar files as private and password protected, any register user can download, edit even delete it if they want.
did i configure anything wrong? please help!
If you need to access to the website, the admin and pass are still the same.
Thanks
terc

I just figured out that i have to set the Modcp Module to Admin, so now only admin can edit and delete.

but still have'nt figure out why private and password protected files can be downloaded.

I just figured out that i have to set the Modcp Module to Admin, so now only admin can edit and delete.

but still have'nt figure out why private and password protected files can be downloaded.

I'll check the code, I haven't played with the private/password part of it before.

I'll check the code, I haven't played with the private/password part of it before.

Looking forward to hear from your good news about how out make the personal and password protection part to work correctly.
I really do appreciate your time and help:)

terc

---------- Post added at 11:38 ---------- Previous post was at 09:34 ----------

Looking forward to hear from your good news about how out make the personal and password protection part to work correctly.
I really do appreciate your time and help:)

terc

I set vbcredits II Deluxe to charge 18 point from any member who download a rar file from vbdownload, everything is fine, but at the "Transactions" tab on nav_bar shows on "Action" as "Dragonbyte-Tech: Downloads - Download" if i don't want it to show as it is, insteat i would like to chenge the "Dragonbyte-Tech: Downloads - Download" to something else like some other name.
How do i change it?
PS here is a link The Eatertainment Authentic Restaurant And Bakery Style Recipes Cooking Siu Mei Lo Mei Dim Sum Bread Bun Pastry Sushi Dessert drinks etc you may use your admin to access
Thanks again
terc

I set vbcredits II Deluxe to charge 18 point from any member who download a rar file from vbdownload, everything is fine, but at the "Transactions" tab on nav_bar shows on "Action" as "Dragonbyte-Tech: Downloads - Download" if i don't want it to show as it is, insteat i would like to chenge the "Dragonbyte-Tech: Downloads - Download" to something else like some other name.
How do i change it?
PS here is a link The Eatertainment Authentic Restaurant And Bakery Style Recipes Cooking Siu Mei Lo Mei Dim Sum Bread Bun Pastry Sushi Dessert drinks etc you may use your admin to access
Thanks again
terc

I believe that's something inside of vbcredits. I don't know how to change the name of an activity besides through the back end database. I'm tagging Darkwaltz4, if there's an easier way to rename, he'd know :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy vBDownloads

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings