Status
Not open for further replies.

Kirk Voclain

Customer
I just had a member tell me that they would love to be able to TAKE A RATING back to zero.....they rate something a 5 and then they change their mind....they can only take it to a 2......is there a way to take it to ZERO? Or is this something we have to wait for in an update?

Thanks for all you do.

Kirk

Also.....

They posted the image below......I'm on Safari.....is this how this looks on other browsers???? That's not good.....suggestions????

And.....

I have it set to 5 stars....but I cannot click 1 star.....why?

This customer of mine also said"

1) If I hover my mouse over my ratable stars, it states "X stars out of 10" with the X being the star over which I am hovering. There are only 5 stars.....

2) If I rate something, and then choose to unrate it by clicking the first star protocol, it removes the colored stars, but changes the numerical rating to a 9 or 10 at the end of the stars.

3) One cannot select just one star.
4) The titles (Useful, Helpful, etc.) for where I rate are not there. Might be beneficial to have the titles also on where the member actually rates.
5) In the example below, it shows that I rated this thread a 7.8 / 10. I have no stars selected, and it should be over 5 stars not 10.
6) The 7.8/10 is not numerically correct. Your programmers need to redo the averaging math.
7) In the example below, it shows that on the overall rating that Useful has a numerical rating of 6 with no stars showing.

Anyway...it appears you have a bunch of problems....I'm going to disable till you get it fixed....LET ME KNOW????

Kirk

Sorry, I'm not ignoring the thread, just having problems replicating the problems. I downloaded safari and I see it like it should be. If you can give me temp admin access, I'll enable the thread ratings in one forum and see if I can replicate it with safari. Can you find out what version the user is on as well?

Sorry, I'm not ignoring the thread, just having problems replicating the problems. I downloaded safari and I see it like it should be. If you can give me temp admin access, I'll enable the thread ratings in one forum and see if I can replicate it with safari. Can you find out what version the user is on as well?

Dylan:

NO...that screen capture was from one of my users who is on IE 10.0.5.....I'm using Safari and it looks normal to me....well....before I disabled it......I had to disable it...my site is for Professional Photographers...and every other post is an image......as an attachment and this MOD was not letting them post attachments.....SEE the Fatal ERROR I got here: http://www.dragonbyte-tech.com/f221/making-extra-words-11875/

ON SAFARI....I cannot Remove the rating.....

I'm going now and PM you the LOG IN INFO for my site.

Kirk

I just tried it on here....and I cannot change my rating to ZERO on here either.

But the real problem is on 5 stars.....I had mine set to 5 stars and when you would change it to 1 start all I could get it down to was 2 stars showing....never zero...and then if you clicked change it...the number that showed up was 9???

Kirk

I'm sorry it took me a few days, the holiday screwed with my schedule. I fixed the hover text on your site and the first star is now selectable. I tried with IE, Safari and Firefox and I can't replicate the problem of the rating being displayed in the manner of the screen shot you attached. I'm not sure what would be causing that. I can't replicate the problem on my local, the site here or on yours in any browser. As far as removing a rating or rating something zero, there is no option for that.

If you disable the following plugins

Thread: Disable Rating Option
(Pro) Thread Process: Disable Rating Option
(Pro) Thread: Allow Rating Field

It will let you use thread ratings without causing the problem until I get it figured out. You just wont be able to disable ratings on a thread.

Have you figured this out yet???? Am I still going to have the UPLOADING ATTACHMENTS problem???

Let me know?

Yours,

Kirk Voclain

No, I am still working on that issue. If those plugins are disabled you should be able to manage attachments and rate threads minus the feature to disable thread ratings on a single thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy Thread Ratings

vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Back