Status
Not open for further replies.

Hummie

Customer
I am testing and learning the product.

1. I added an item to buy the right to upload a smilie. We bought it, but now we cannot figure out where to go to upload the smilie. I know how to do it through the admin, but not as a general registered forum member.

2. I asked about the difference between wallet and bank before, but I see no way to put things into the bank. I do not think we need it. Can you tell me how to disable it or how to use it?

3. Can I disable the "donate" from the "overview" if I choose not to use it?

1. I added an item to buy the right to upload a smilie. We bought it, but now we cannot figure out where to go to upload the smilie. I know how to do it through the admin, but not as a general registered forum member.
Click the "Configure" button in the inventory.

2. I asked about the difference between wallet and bank before, but I see no way to put things into the bank. I do not think we need it. Can you tell me how to disable it or how to use it?
If it's enabled, there will be a "Bank" menu item in the left side menu of vBShop. You can disable it via the vBulletin Options.

3. Can I disable the "donate" from the "overview" if I choose not to use it?
Not at this time, sorry.

1. Follow up on above. In the inventory, it says n/a under the column for configuration. I edited the item in the admin to make sure it was checked yes for configuration. Still says n/a.

1b. Each time I edit an item, the loyalty points are added back and the item disappears from the inventory. So will everyone have to repurchase each time I edit an item?

2. Thanks. I found that option and turned it off, but then when I tried to test the donate, it would not work, so I turned it back on. I will keep playing with the bank vs. points to learn about them.

3. Thanks.

4. When I create a second category in the shop, it creates a new tab in the shop. This looks okay in Chrome, but in IE, the items in that category are under a huge white area and I have to scroll far down the page to see anything there.

5. I tested the html for signature. My test account bought it. I went to settings and edited my signature, but it shows up as code. Any ideas?

6. When I purchased the html signature, it lists it three times in my inventory, but I only bought it once.

7. Maintenance/Process Pending Transactions leads to a database error:
Database error in vBulletin 4.2.0:

Invalid SQL:
;

MySQL Error : Query was empty
Error Number : 1065
Request Date : Friday, August 2nd 2013 @ 12:01:56 PM
Error Date : Friday, August 2nd 2013 @ 12:01:56 PM
Script : http://www.hummiesworld.com/forum/admincp/credits_admin.php?do=process_transactions
Referrer : http://www.hummiesworld.com/forum/admincp/misc.php?do=chooser
Classname : vB_Database
MySQL Version : 5.1.66

Last edited:
1. Follow up on above. In the inventory, it says n/a under the column for configuration. I edited the item in the admin to make sure it was checked yes for configuration. Still says n/a.
If it's already been configured, or it doesn't have any configuration options, that will happen.

1b. Each time I edit an item, the loyalty points are added back and the item disappears from the inventory. So will everyone have to repurchase each time I edit an item?
Sorry, I don't understand what you mean. Nobody else has ever reported anything similar, and a lot of people edit their items :p

4. When I create a second category in the shop, it creates a new tab in the shop. This looks okay in Chrome, but in IE, the items in that category are under a huge white area and I have to scroll far down the page to see anything there.
What version of IE? IIRC, IE8 is the oldest version we can reasonably support. Try turning Force Latest IE Mode to On in Cookies and HTTP Header options.

5. I tested the html for signature. My test account bought it. I went to settings and edited my signature, but it shows up as code. Any ideas?
Not without any screenshots / more information. I don't know what you're referring to here :(

6. When I purchased the html signature, it lists it three times in my inventory, but I only bought it once.
You may have accidentally bought 3 copies, it can be easy to miss the "quantity" box :)

7. Maintenance/Process Pending Transactions leads to a database error:
Database error in vBulletin 4.2.0:

Invalid SQL:
;

MySQL Error : Query was empty
Error Number : 1065
Request Date : Friday, August 2nd 2013 @ 12:01:56 PM
Error Date : Friday, August 2nd 2013 @ 12:01:56 PM
Script : Log in - Hummie's World - vBulletin Admin Control Panel
Referrer : Log in - Hummie's World - vBulletin Admin Control Panel
Classname : vB_Database
MySQL Version : 5.1.66
That's not related to vBShop :)

I still want to get this working, but have just been so busy and it got put on my back burner. I need to find time to work on it again.

Actually, when I read the replies, I felt overwhelmed for something that should be so simple.

I couldn't get past your comment of "If it's already been configured, or it doesn't have any configuration options, that will happen." ... because that seemed of no help to me. So I sighed . . .

What I meant by that was, if either of these conditions are true, you won't see a "Configure" button:
  1. The item type has no configuration options. An example of this is the various "(Pre-Defined)" item types.
  2. The individual item has "Allow Re-Configuration" set to No, and the user has already configured the item.

To expand upon #2 , if you create an item using the Username Style item type, and set Allow Re-Configuration to No, the user will see the Configure button the first time they enter their inventory.
If they click Configure, and fill out the form there, then submit it, they will no longer see the "Configure" button.

Someone had a problem purchasing another item today, which previously was working, which brought me to the reason the other two items (html and smilie) were not working.

I had clicked the setting for "gift only." I unchecked it and was able to see the difference and understand that setting better.

Making progress! Makes me feel better!

You said: What version of IE? IIRC, IE8 is the oldest version we can reasonably support. Try turning Force Latest IE Mode to On in Cookies and HTTP Header options.

The version I am using is IE 10.0.
It only happens when there is more than one item.
It only happens on the second category tab, not the first.

I google it, and I do not see how to do what you are telling me to do. Is that in the internet options in IE or is that something I put in the "header" of my html pages for the forum?

The setting I mentioned can be found in Cookies and HTTP Header Options in the vBulletin Options :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy vBShop

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Back