• Support will be limited until May 8th, as I will be out of the office travelling. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bzcomputers

Customer
dbtech_dbseo_deactivated - phrase text currently refers to Forum Ads program.

When installing or re-activating DBSEO there seems to be a lag in when the dbseocp options will begin to work again. Even with clearing cache it seems to be a 10-15 minutes before the control panel pages will load without issue (not getting a deactivated message).

Is DBSEO compatible with 3rd party caching programs like XCache or memcached?

dbtech_dbseo_deactivated - phrase text currently refers to Forum Ads program.
I'll correct this for Beta 2 :)

When installing or re-activating DBSEO there seems to be a lag in when the dbseocp options will begin to work again. Even with clearing cache it seems to be a 10-15 minutes before the control panel pages will load without issue (not getting a deactivated message).

Is DBSEO compatible with 3rd party caching programs like XCache or memcached?
This is 100% unrelated to DBSEO, as DBSEO uses the vBulletin Options to store all its settings.

This means that if your XCache or Memcache is not clearing the cache properly when the settings are being saved (for instance, your XCache installation may require an administrator password as per its configuration in php.ini), this will happen until the data expires normally (which can be 15 minutes, again this depends on your TTL configuration in php.ini).

Are you using XCache or Memcache to store your "datastore" in your vB config.php file? If so, we will be unable to assist with this issue as the issue lies either in your server software, or in vB's code for purging the datastore cache.

IAre you using XCache or Memcache to store your "datastore" in your vB config.php file? If so, we will be unable to assist with this issue as the issue lies either in your server software, or in vB's code for purging the datastore cache.

Been using XCache for quite some time (mostly) without issue. Have it setup correctly in config.php (including user/pass references). I believe your correct with your mentioning of "issue lies ...vB's code for purging the datastore cache". I have come across similar delays (15 minutes or so) when adding new forums or changing the order of forums. Seems that no matter what I do - clear vb Cache from admincp and clear XCache from it's cp it does not matter, you still have to wait about 15 min for the update to process through.

Are you sure the user/pass is entered correctly? Keep in mind that, at least for vB Optimise, the password needs to be written in cleartext, not the MD5 format found in your php.ini file. vBulletin may or may not be the same way.

In my opinion, the user/pass for XCache is a completely useless feature. As long as you don't have xcache-admin.php installed anywhere on your server (or indeed that you password protect simply that file via .htaccess or similar methods), there's no way anyone could purge your XCache datastore without also having access to your server.

If malicious individuals have the ability to upload scripts that purges your cache, then you'll have way more serious problems than "well shucks, that's 4 extra queries to refresh the datastore" :p

...Keep in mind that, at least for vB Optimise, the password needs to be written in cleartext, not the MD5 format found in your php.ini file. vBulletin may or may not be the same way.

Had it in stored in the config as MD5 will try clear text. This would make sense for the issues I was seeing. Will report back, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy DragonByte SEO

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Back