Monster/Pet RPG v0.1 Alpha online

I beat a level 4 bear at level 2. It was not even close. I only lost once to a Sirene when I was level 1. I am only level 2 now, but the Sirenes are pretty doable now.

Has anyone else tried variations on the clicking of the submit for the attack? I would sometime click it two or three times at once. It would only count the last attack I figured out after a while. I am not sure if it impacted the success in battle. It seemed to in some way, but that is just casual observation.

Improvement since last time:
- Clicking submit on an attack multiple times only shows text for one attack which counts against the enemy.
- The wings and legs of my monster are correctly attached.

Actions tested since last time:
- I have captured both a Sirene and a Wolf. I have not tried to use them yet but I did view their stats. I captured them on the first try. The Sirene had about 49 hps to my 77 hps but was out of stamina and the wolf have about 17hp to my 78 hps and had stamina. I was level 2 when I captured the level 2 sirene and level 2 when I captured the level 1 wolf.
- I got to level 3 and can use Bite now. Bite didn't seem to hit as much as Venom Spit, but did decent damage when it did hit.

Problems encountered:
- When I used Bite and ran out of stamina, then the attack would default to Defend. If I was trying to use Venom Spit it would go back to Defend and I would have to change the attack back to Venom Spit.. Once Bite was available again I could select Bite and the attack would stay Bite when it came up for the next attack if I had the stamina available. If I had Bite available and used Venom Spit, it would still default to Defend even if Bite was never used and was still available.

Desired Improvements
- It would be nice to program in 2-3 attacks and send them all through. This could reduce the clicking some. Even selecting a single attack to do x2 or x3 could speed up the fights some.

Corin Aerie

I don't know what it is, but attacking on this version takes forever. I honestly preferred the pre-AJAX way (I assume that is what you have installed), because now the button doesn't give any indication that you have pressed it, and it takes a very long time for an attack to register.

Improvement since last time:
- Clicking submit on an attack multiple times only shows text for one attack which counts against the enemy.
- The wings and legs of my monster are correctly attached.

Actions tested since last time:
- I have captured both a Sirene and a Wolf. I have not tried to use them yet but I did view their stats. I captured them on the first try. The Sirene had about 49 hps to my 77 hps but was out of stamina and the wolf have about 17hp to my 78 hps and had stamina. I was level 2 when I captured the level 2 sirene and level 2 when I captured the level 1 wolf.
- I got to level 3 and can use Bite now. Bite didn't seem to hit as much as Venom Spit, but did decent damage when it did hit.

Problems encountered:
- When I used Bite and ran out of stamina, then the attack would default to Defend. If I was trying to use Venom Spit it would go back to Defend and I would have to change the attack back to Venom Spit.. Once Bite was available again I could select Bite and the attack would stay Bite when it came up for the next attack if I had the stamina available. If I had Bite available and used Venom Spit, it would still default to Defend even if Bite was never used and was still available.

Desired Improvements
- It would be nice to program in 2-3 attacks and send them all through. This could reduce the clicking some. Even selecting a single attack to do x2 or x3 could speed up the fights some.

Corin Aerie

Thanks for the input. The battle system will be undergoing a big overhaul (aiming for 1.1) which will make them much more involving and interesting.

I don't know what it is, but attacking on this version takes forever. I honestly preferred the pre-AJAX way (I assume that is what you have installed), because now the button doesn't give any indication that you have pressed it, and it takes a very long time for an attack to register.

Me too!! It's sssssloooooooooooooooooowwww..
maybe it's because i'm from Italy? My connection is pretty good so that shouldn't be the problem

The rest of the site loads quickly, so I don't know what it is. At first I thought it was my old XP computer at work, but when I got home to my fast connection and Windows 7 computer it was just as slow to load.

Also... I get the feeling there are too many threads to post bugs and suggestions right now.

Who's the f**kin daddy? Huh?

16kxuo9.jpg

You wanna be in my gang . . . ?

we're looking at ways to speed up the AJAX, but we want to improve the battle system before doing any sweeping changes =)