Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys,

Bought 2 of your products - very top notch! Now I have a community of 105k members and I want to start sending newsletters. I am on a dedicated server - is that all I need? I don't need to get a separate server right?

Let's say I was lucky and everyone opted in. How long does it take to send 105k emails out with your queue system, realistically, if you could guess?

Has the yahoo issue been resolved(read from another thread)?

Looking forward to your responses.

I am on a dedicated server - is that all I need? I don't need to get a separate server right?
All servers, including shared servers, can send mail :) Shared servers can impose restrictions on mails per hour, but that's not configured by default for any dedicated server I've run across.

Let's say I was lucky and everyone opted in. How long does it take to send 105k emails out with your queue system, realistically, if you could guess?
That depends on your Number of Emails to Send Per Batch setting in Email Options (stock vBulletin setting). We have it set at 100.
A high number will severely increase page load times, whereas a low number will make mail sending take longer.

For 105k users, at 100 mails per page load, the time it would take to send all those emails is approx. 1000 page loads. Any forum member visiting any vBulletin page on your forum will send out an additional 100 mails, so if you have 1000 concurrent users it would take 1 second, 100 active users 10 seconds, etc.

Has the yahoo issue been resolved(read from another thread)?
Whether any mail server has a problem receiving mails from you is 100% unrelated to vBMail. If your server does not have Reverse DNS set up for your mailserver IP, Yahoo, AOL and all their subsidiaries / partners will bounce your mail. We have included a Bounce Test page in the AdminCP that lets you test against the most common public mailservers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy vBMail

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Back