Question Installed VBMail and it started sending out the digest immediately!

Status
Not open for further replies.

furnival

Customer
I installed VB Mail and then left it for a day, I did not do anything, meaning I did not create any mailing lists. I then saw that it had sent nearly 1,000 emails out, including to the administrator. Is this normal? I assumed it would only start sending once a mailing list is created.

I have disabled all scheduled tasks jobs relating to VBMail while I edit the email templates and phrases but is there an email queue somewhere I should check?

Once I create mailing lists, how can I be sure that my users won't get the forum digest email twice, I mean once from the intended digest, sent to the mailing list members, and once from this invisible list?

Thank you for any insights you can give.

The digest is automatic, there is no invisible list. If you've enabled the digest that would have started sending right away, if you have the inactive reminder enabled that might have started sending too.

OK, thank you for the reply. This product is less sophisticated than I hoped but I will find a way to make it fit my needs.

Hello @furnival,

We hope your ticket regarding vBMail has been addressed to your satisfaction. This ticket has now been scheduled to be closed.

If your ticket has not been resolved, you can reply to this thread at any point in the next 7 days in order to reopen the ticket, afterwards this thread will be closed.

Please do not reply to this thread if your ticket has been resolved.

Thank you.

- DragonByte Technologies, Ltd.

Hello @furnival,

As we have not heard back from you, your ticket regarding vBMail has now been closed.

If your ticket has not been resolved, please feel free to start a new support ticket and link back to this ticket.

Thank you.

- DragonByte Technologies, Ltd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy vBMail

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating