Question How is the slider running the sequence?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freekoid

Customer
I notice the slider appears random, but after 10 slides it repeats.

It also produces the same content more than once in a row.

I have 5 blogs it shows the first then something from my CMS then the third blog back to CMS and then the second blog twice, it never shows blog 4 and 5!

I also notice my CMS images are oversized on forumhome, where my CMS images of the same slide are resized correctly. Where as the DBT background image supplied is correct for forumhome, but appears quite small on CMS home.

It does the query to get all of the content, and places it into an indexed array. Before it starts the output, it randomizes the array. From there, it will just cycle through the randomized array. So if you have 10 items, and it mixes it up to show [3,7,1,2,8,4,9,5,10,6], once it gets to 6, it will start back over at 3.

Can you PM me the PW to access your site, and I will take a look?

Done. The query shouldnt be collecting the same content twice, unless it doesnt have 10 items should it not?

I've got the fix (by doing a groupby in the query). Not sure why its doing it the was it currently is, though. I had the issue with threads if there were more than 1 image in a thread. On testing, I added a comment to a blog, which caused a different blog to appear twice (which makes absolutely no sense). Added the groupby to the query and it fixed the issue. I'll most likely be releasing 1.0.3 later today, which will provide the fix.

Brad via Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 23:35 ---------- Previous post was at 12:04 ----------

Issue has been fixed. Version 1.0.3 is available for download.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy vBSlider

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings