Question Some images loading slow, where do I start looking for the issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedWS600

Customer
Hi, first of all I don't think this is an issue with DBSEO, but starting here, as if I so to the next step atleast I make have more background info.

Basically, this image takes of 60 seconds to load (although depends where you load it from, work or home) http://www.solent-renegades.co.uk/attachments/general-discussion/45295d1422443300-a30m-cars-removed-hoegh-osaka-10313252-1.jpg

It appears on this forum thread £30m Cars Removed From Hoegh Osaka

I have run a web page speed test, WebPagetest Test Details - Ireland - EC2 -...ed-hoegh-osaka.html - 01/28/15 12:39:16 there are 4 simular images, others are loading in under 1 second. So I'm happy with that.

The server I am running is a dedicated server quad core 8GB ram (8 threads), mostly everything runs fine and fast, as this is the only website on it, yes I know a bit of an over kill.

As I said I dont think this is anything to do with DBSEO, but as you know the in/out's of VBulletin and been soo helpful in the past. What tests can I do to narrow down why it takes soo long to fetch this image?

I guess the URL gets looked up in the database, then the attachment ID is found where it know where to locate the physical image. Then serves that?....

Many thanks in advance.

Dan.

Loading the attachment directly is not any faster for me either (Safari 8.0.3 on Mac OS X 10.10). To be honest, I have no idea why this could be happening. Have you tried deactivating all modifications and loading the attachment directly, then re-activating them one by one if that resolves the issue? That might help you see whether there's a mod causing this.

Thanks Fillip,
Its now loading fast again. What I done was disabled all plug-ins as you said, then tried it, images were loading quick. Was going to reactivate one by one, but done the lot, so now running all plugins i was before, and its still loading quick. Very odd, like there was a blockage that needed releasing. I will keep an eye on it to see if it happens again.

Thanks again.
Dan

I'll close this support ticket as it doesn't appear to be a DBSEO issue.

If it happens again, disable the products one by one (instead of disabling all) and test it, once it stops loading slow you have found the likely culprit :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy DragonByte SEO

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Back