Status
Not open for further replies.
In the livefeed sidebar, when you change the clothes of the avatar and put on "save" then this appears as notice on the sidebar saying something like "ferruzo updates his avatar" or something like that, i saw this on this forum.

Where is that option bela?

By the way, i have replaced some images but when i go to vbavatars i still see the same images and not the ones i've replaced for, i repaired cache thinking that it maybe fix but i still see this original images instead the ones i replaced.

It's an option that becomes available in the Inventory if you don't have the "alternative postbit location" vBOption enabled.

You should never ever replace existing images with custom images, you should always create new parts with new images with new file names. Otherwise your custom images will get overwritten every time you update the mod or if you ever require assistance - the first thing we do is reupload all files.

This also avoids any browser cache issues like the one you're describing.

It's an option that becomes available in the Inventory if you don't have the "alternative postbit location" vBOption enabled.

I have this option disabled, as it came as default, and live feed sidebar doesn't update when i edit my avatar.

I don't know what else to tell you, if vBAvatars is controlling your vBulletin avatar, then it does most definitely trigger a Live Wall update.

Maybe your version of Live Wall is out of date?

I have installed the latest version of the live feed, still the same, also i have updated my avatar image then i go to my postbit to see changed and nothing happens, it stay as the original avatar i edited the first time.

Even here in this forum, i am updating my avatar wearing other clothes and it doesn't update on my post bit, neither your live feed wall

That's because here on this forum we have the Alternate postbit location enabled, so the avatar you've saved as the forum avatar doesn't update :)

So in this forum i couldn't change my "look" of the avatar never? if i say i don't like my current avatar and i want to change i have the rigth to do that, thats the point of the mod.

I have disabled this option and nothing happens, it is working as it was on.

Try re-downloading and re-uploading the files for Beta 2, that should fix the postbit display :)

But i am kind confuse, because the avatar image should be updated and not show 2x images on the post bit as your forum is showing, my first avatar should be replaced by my new avatar updated on the second image without be second image.

I will download and upload files of new vbavatar version and see what happens.

There, I deleted the old avatar that was saved back before we turned on the separate postbit display option :)

I already uploaded all the files + .xml for the vbavatars and now i can't see any preview image of my avatar on my forum, i don't know what is hapening.

If you want to check you have already my ftp and admin infos.

Please better give a check about it.

Any news regarding this matter?

I've reinstalled the .xml and now the mod doesnt show up, it is enabled by the way :s

Either your forum has a mod conflict or something else is going on, but the fact that avatar changes aren't showing up in the Sidebar is not the fault of this mod nor the Live Wall product. I've just checked and there's nothing that prevents avatar revisions from being added to the profile history, and vBAvatars correctly sets forum avatar when saving, which means the issue is outside my reach sadly :(

Ok i get that, but how about make avatar works?

Have you tried vbavatar? nothning happens, again, it is kind frustrating, even the tabs "hair" "eyes", etc doesn't work, you give click and it simply doesn't load, i even tried preview images and nothing show up, nothing save.

Could you please give a check again?

edited: i saw you edited the avatar but i am trying to update the avatar by myself but i can't, no image show up, i am trying with google chrome and iexplorer, when i installed the mod the first time it was working ok with chrome, now i can't see any image...

Last edited:
It's working perfectly for me in all browsers I currently have installed (Chrome, Firefox, IE, Opera).

If it doesn't work for you then I can't assist with that unfortunately :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy vBAvatars

vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings