Status
Not open for further replies.

overhere

Customer
Hello,

One of the Advanced User Tagging options I see on my website is 'hash tag subscriptions' after installing the Advanced User Tagging mod. But, I do not see 'hash tag subscriptions' on this website in the drop down menue 'community'? Is this not supposed to be there?

Also, I cant figure out how you utilise the specif option 'hash tag subscriptions'? How is this specifc feature to be used?

Thanks,

O.H.

The hash tag subscriptions are available in your usercp, under the group User Tagging

From there you can subscribe or unsubscribe to hashtags.

Thanks for this but I am completely lost on this. Lets take my original message in this thread. Say that a member reads it. How does Hashtag Subscription feature come into play here? What would I need to do and what would the member who is reading my post need to do?

You have added #testing above so do you mean that i have to for example in a post add #testtag for example for people to subscribe to it? I trie this and it says > The number of tags you tried to add exceeded the maximum number of tags by 1.

Please clarify, I am so confused on this.

Regards,

O.H.

You typed the hash symbol (#) and then type a word (no spaces). This becomes a "Hash Tag" similar to Twitter. Users can then click on the link that gets inserted into the post and see all other posts that used this Hash Tag, and also subscribe to it to be alerted whenever someone else uses this Hash Tag.

Thanks for i get what you say. But, on my website when i put for example #check this does not become a link like on this site? Is it something I am doing wrong or something else?

Regards,

O.H.

Also in my usercp I have added the hashtag 'money' without # as instructed. So if someone put #money in their post is this when ill be informed about this hash tag and the relevant posts?? Where will i see the notification on this?
Thank you,
O.H.

Thanks for i get what you say. But, on my website when i put for example #check this does not become a link like on this site? Is it something I am doing wrong or something else?
You may have a mod conflict. Can you try disabling all other mods?

Also in my usercp I have added the hashtag 'money' without # as instructed. So if someone put [URL=https://www.dragonbyte-tech.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=money]#money [/URL] in their post is this when ill be informed about this hash tag and the relevant posts?? Where will i see the notification on this?
#money you can see it for yourself :)

Thanks again and so sorry to sound a bit of a a drag but tell me this: assume i have subscribed to hashtag 'money' in my usercp. Now, forget this specific thread and posts.

Say that you have posted the hashtag #money in 5 other threads/posts unknown to me, none of which i havent visited. In this case, as I am subscribing to hashtag 'money', how and where will i be informed that you have or are using the hashtag #money in them 5 threads/post?

Regards,
O.H.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy Advanced User Tagging

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating