Status
Not open for further replies.

heyzeus909

Customer
If I go to my gallery albums >>> click on an album which then displays thumbnails of the pics in the album, I can then right click on the thumbnail to grab the url of said thumbnail-ed pic.

Example of a url:

http://www.MyAwesomeWebsite.net/forum/dbtech/gallery/images/upload/1/2/thumb/123_1234567890.jpg

If I replace "thumb" in the url above, and replace it with "full," I'll get the full-size (not thumbnail) image (EDIT: the link above was shortened after submitting the thread).

Grabbing those urls allows me to use the images in my Dragonbyte Gallery as the images for my avatar, profile pic, and also the background image on my profile page. THIS IS AWESOME. I solely use your product for picture uploads at my site. I've disabled the vBulletin albums, so being able to have those urls is pretty handy for me.

But the problem I have is that these urls aren't automatically generated the way that the Direct Image Code, BBCode Image Link, and BBCode Image link are on the picture's "Viewing Image" page. This prevents people from easily copying the links to use them as their avatars, profile pics, and profile background images.

I'd rather pull my own teeth than try to explain the process of how people can get the links for themselves. If these could be automatically generated the same way the other links are, then that would be fantastic.

Thank you for your consideration.

Awesome job with the product.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
In the next version I'll change it so you can set something in the ACP to show the direct links to the files instead of the url through the gallery code.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back