Status
Not open for further replies.

Trekkan

Customer
So I was going to add in the vbShout box to the top of my arcade (nothing like smack talking right there, hehe).

Template: dbtech_vbarcade_home

Anyway, when I edited the template and went to save it, I got a vB warning about the IF conditions being invalid. After a closer look, it looks like the template is for vB3 as all of the variables are standard $variable, etc.

DOH! Ok, I get why it's a vB3 template then. However, I have a question then.

If it's a vB3 template, can it ONLY be a vB3 template? Because I was trying to insert the vbShout code as stated in vBShout and a manual template edit, but that's vB4 style and that's when things break for me.

I'm guessing it's just not possible to mix the two, would probably be a parsing nightmare, but... I figured i'd ask.

No, you cant mix syntaxes. I guess ill have to convert them before gold, but not right now, so ill leave this open as a reminder

No worries, sorry to throw that wrench into things! But I guess it's better to know now than later. heh

Just white page?

Finally got a chance to install this...sorry for the delay as I've been having server problems.

The Arcade is only giving me a white page after installation? Nothing show at all for me.

Unfortunately it seems vb4.1.5 will not parse the template syntax it is currently using :(

So, looks like you will have to wait this out until i fix that (not an immediate priority, but fixed before gold), or test with an older version of vbulletin.

Tabs Stylevar issue

I was looking to change the background of the category tabs in the arcade home. I found the stylevar to edit, but it does not take into account any background image that is there, it only relies on the color.

Here is the setup in the stylevar

14e542ccdc2aaa.png

With that set up it should look like my navtabs, but it don't it is grey in color.

14e542d0661fcf.png

Here is more shots to show I am editing the right stylevar: (notice the red color)

14e542db210e89.png

Here it is in the arcade home:

14e542e22ae286.png

Now if you look in the preview in the ACP screenshots, that is how it should look on arcade home, just like the navtabs in the navbar.

Maybe it could be made so instead of the category tabs calling to tabslight for the stylevar it can call to the navbar_tab_background instead

the current style is not made with vbulletin stylevars, with some extremely minor exceptions - the design is still incomplete and up in the air, so i didnt want to get into that whole mix yet.

Change text when users can not play a game

I do not allow guests to play the arcade, they can view it, and when the click on a game to play it they see the text "You cannot play right now;
please try again later.
"

I can not find that in Phrases, and I tried to change it by adding a Replacement Variable but it did not work.

Is that something that is codded into the game it's self or is it in the arcade?

It is the same message in IPB games and Mochi games

Ok I found it in arcade.php would it be possible to make that into a phrase so we can edit the text?

phrases will be applied at the end. right now the meaning of things will change, stuff will get broken up and moved around, and until then im hardcoding plenty of phrases :p

Merged several topics as a big reminder of stuff to do when everything else is settled down and hopefully before gold.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy vBArcade

vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings