Status
Not open for further replies.

MARSH

Customer
After updating to VB 4.2.2 I'm getting the following error.

Warning: Non-static method NOTIFCACHE::init() should not be called statically in ..../dbtech/notifications/core/class_notifications.php on line 37

I have hooks disabled currently but can turn them back on if you would like to see the error.

You need to get the new files from your customer area, and upload them to your server, they were hotfixed some time ago.

When I checked I didn't show a new version or any indication that there were updates. I will give that a try and let you know.

Thanks,

John

No there was no new version, the files were just patched to fix the errors with the introduction of 4.2.2

Well I update all of the vbnotifications application but that didn't really help I also tried running the installer. Do I need to go through all of the applications we have installed?

If you have re-downloaded v1.0.5 and re-uploaded the files, allowing overwrites when your FTP program asks for it, then the issue will no longer occur.

If you are having issues, please ensure you are using an actual FTP client and not cPanel's File Manager or Internet Explorer / Windows Explorer to connect to the FTP server.
Additionally, try deleting all downloaded vBNotification files from your computer, then re-download and re-extract.

If you have re-downloaded v1.0.5 and re-uploaded the files, allowing overwrites when your FTP program asks for it, then the issue will no longer occur.

If you are having issues, please ensure you are using an actual FTP client and not cPanel's File Manager or Internet Explorer / Windows Explorer to connect to the FTP server.
Additionally, try deleting all downloaded vBNotification files from your computer, then re-download and re-extract.

Here is what I just did:

• Uninstalled the plugin
  • deleted all files associated with the plug-in from the server
  • cleared vb cache
  • removed all traces of it from my downloads
  • Cleared my browser cache both IE and Chrome
  • Downloaded from the 'Client Area' again
  • Extracted all files and confirmed they do not exist on my server by matching file for file
  • re loaded the files to the server using FTP
  • Installed the plug-in as a new plugin and cleared cache on the server
  • reloaded the site and I'm getting the same exact error. I've also found other places I am getting similar warnings.
    • Warning: Non-static method NOTIFCACHE::init() should not be called statically in ..../@M1n(p/vbnotifs.php on line 56 when trying the option to rebuild cache from the plugin rebuild cache option.

I just compared a download of the files from my backup server to the ones I just downloaded and the files are identical. Is it possible the server is not compiling the correct download for me??

Found the issue, turns out only the Lite files had been changed - I was not aware the developer had created duplicate files for the Pro version in our system.

It should work fine if you re-download it now :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy vBNotifications

vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Back