Status
Not open for further replies.

Mokonzi

Former Developer
I've discovered on my board that there is a slight compatability issue with the way A@UT integrates with VaultWiki.

Atm, in my wiki articles created through VW I'm getting a double line break when using certain aspects of their BBCodes.

The solution to the problem seems to rest with a slight change to how A@UT parses:

This is an issue with the [mention] BB-Code from the DB-Tech mod. We were only able to handle the conflict where templates were not involved. While VaultWiki's order of line-break parsing is non-standard and not something DB-Tech could have anticipated, as I mentioned in another report, the mod should be rewritten so it doesn't call the parser recursively. Instead it could easily have a parser callback function that does what it's trying to do. This would save performance on every board, and would eliminate this conflict.

For reference, I am referring to the plugin at bbcode_parse_complete_precache.

Source is here: http://www.vaultwiki.org/issues/1936/

Is this doable?

Happy to provide access to my site if that helps in fixing it.

We've gotten various reports of problems with that particular plugin, I'll post back when we have more information :)

Due to the way vBulletin parses BBCode, it's sadly not possible to make it a callback function.
However, we might be able to change it into a template. It's not an easy task though, and we are quite swamped these days, so this will have to wait until the product update cycle :(

It's a shame, as it makes the Wiki almost unusable... (http://www.thexuniverse.com/showwiki/Barracuda), so might have to turn of the A@UT as a result.

I tried setting it to be off on the forums the wiki uses, but it had no change to the end display. I'm sure pegasus at VW would be able to give you a pointer in what he was suggesting, especially since a lot of the BBCodes VW adds introduce some very powerful features (div and span tags for example).

Is there not a method whereby turning it off on wiki forums would remove it from the parsing system and prevent these extra line breaks?

I won't know until I've had a chance to look at it and discuss it with Darkwaltz4, but obviously the RPG takes priority right now :)

pegasus at VaultWiki issued some suggestions on fixing the incompatability: here.

The fixes seem to work fine on my site, removing the double line breaks.

Last edited:
pegasus at VaultWiki issued some suggestions on fixing the incompatability: here.

The fixes seem to work fine on my site, removing the double line breaks.

That link gives a page not found, but I'll look for that article... I'm having the double link breaks issue as well.

Hmm, appears to be only members can see it...

Here's what they said to fix the issue, works fine. No idea if anything SHOULD be changed on DBT or not, but it fixes the issue:

Try this. In vault/class/bbcode.php,

find:
$text = $this->parse_bbcode($text, $do_smilies, $do_html);

Replace with:
$text = $this->exec_cycles($text, $do_smilies, $do_html);

Find:

$this->recursion['all'] < 2 OR $this->recursion['level']

Replace with:

$this->recursion['all'] < 2 OR $this->recursion['level'] > 1

Last edited:
Nothing in DBT files needs changing for the fix to work, or at least not for me.

Right. But what I meant was, was this "Fix" by VaultWiki just a patch because of something with DBT in their mod, or should it be fixed on DBT's side? When I upgrade VW next, can I count on the problem staying gone, or are they expecting DBT to fix it? So that's why I posted the fix here, so DBT and Fillip H. could determine that.

Considering they admitted it was non-standard what they did in the first place, I doubt it's something we need to fix. However, we'll still work around this just in case.

Right. But what I meant was, was this "Fix" by VaultWiki just a patch because of something with DBT in their mod, or should it be fixed on DBT's side? When I upgrade VW next, can I count on the problem staying gone, or are they expecting DBT to fix it? So that's why I posted the fix here, so DBT and Fillip H. could determine that.

This is a fix for their product to create a work around whilever the DBT User Tagging Mod is written as it is. As Fillip H. indicates they are making the changes, I doubt this will be a problem for much longer either way. When VW updates in the next patch, this change will be included automatically.

Found out that there is also another incompatability between the two mods down to special characters, especiall <> not showing up. This is down to be fixed in the next VW version.

Status
Not open for further replies.