Status
Not open for further replies.

Webbstre

Customer
Howdy! Here are some problems with the Import script, as it is now. Here we go!

1- If a file uses a weird or foreign language character the following type of error appears during the import process:
Database error in vBulletin 4.2.1:

Invalid SQL:

SELECT downloadid
FROM vb4_dbtech_downloads_download
WHERE userid = '2888'
AND updated = '1304683838'
AND title = '[M♣D] BETTER ENCHANTING AND GAMEPLAY V3.0Fin'
LIMIT 1;

MySQL Error : Illegal mix of collations (latin1_swedish_ci,IMPLICIT) and (utf8_general_ci,COERCIBLE) for operation '='
Error Number : 1267
Request Date : Wednesday, March 26th 2014 @ 05:10:13 PM
Error Date : Wednesday, March 26th 2014 @ 05:10:14 PM
Script : http://vb4test.runicgamesfansite.co....php?do=import&step=3&mod=downloadsii&page=13
Referrer : http://vb4test.runicgamesfansite.co....php?do=import&step=3&mod=downloadsii&page=12
IP Address : 123.223.48.58
Username : Webbstre
Classname : vB_Database
MySQL Version : 5.5.36-cll

As you can see the little clover symbol someone snuck into their File title in the vbDownloads table messed up the vbDownloads import script. For now, for testing purposes, I'm going in through phpmyadmin and manually altering those rows so I can continue with testing the import process.

What this means is that the DownloadsII database table was in UTF-8 and the vBDownloads database table is in latin1, it's not something we can account for.

Post ressurection! I get this error SOOOO much when someone searches my vbDownloads database in a foreign language (usually Korean, but I've tested it with others). I've tried changing the collation for my entire database to ut8_general_ci, and the swedish one, but I've had no luck. This is the only product I have the problem with. Everything is in the same language now, so what should I do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy vBDownloads

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Back