Status
Not open for further replies.

OUTL4W

Customer
I was looking thru the threads and found this thread http://www.dragonbyte-tech.com/f29/how-change-color-text-area-11994/ for changing the color of the text box and text colors and it stated to find the input_background and control_focus_background in the style vars to change colors ....but they do not exist atleast for the pro version they don't.. So I changed "dbtech_vbshout_shoutarea_horizontal" to:

li style="margin-{vb:raw direction}:6px;">
<input type="text" class="primary textbox" id="dbtech_vbshout_editor{vb:var instance.instanceid}" name="dbtech_vbshout_editor" data-instanceid="{vb:var instance.instanceid}" style="width:100%" background-color:black; color:white; float: {vb:raw instance.options.shoutarea};"></textarea>
</li>
red and bolded is what I added but still the shoutbox will change to white when typing in it....

Last edited:
If you have selected white as your font colour in vBShout's style options, that will override the colour you defined in the red / bold.

If you have selected white as your font colour in vBShout's style options, that will override the colour you defined in the red / bold.

only vbshout options in style vars are Inactive Tab Border Offset and Active Tab Border Offset no vbshout options under DragonByteTechMods. Where is the option you speak of?

In the front-end, there is a colour select bar next to the U (underline) button :)

In the front-end, there is a colour select bar next to the U (underline) button :)

sorry...I think you might have mis-understood...I wasn't referring to the text color itself but meant the color of the text input area. When I click this entry field is turns white from its original grayish color.

Oh, I see. It seems the stylevar has been renamed, it's now called input_focus_background :)

Oh, I see. It seems the stylevar has been renamed, it's now called input_focus_background :)

found it...changed to a darker color...but when clicking on it to type text...it auto turns white...where is this style var so it stays the darker color while typing?

The stylevar bolded in my post above is the control for when you click it. input_background = not in focus, input_focus_background = in focus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy vBShout

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Back