Status
Not open for further replies.

impaktZygo

Customer
Is there a way to not show all the users who have earned an award in the Award Encyclopedia in vBAA? We have a good many awards and a ton of users, which makes the awards list awfully long to scroll through. I took a look thru the options and did not see one for that.

Thanks!

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
There is no option at this time, I've changed this thread to a Feature Request so that we can look into an alternative display in the future :)

I know this is under review as a feature for a future release but I suspect our problems are because of the amount of awards we have dished out. We have our php settings configured to allow 512mb memory_limit. After some time the awards page simply comes up with a blank white page. It seems to simply not be able to allocate enough memory. Any thoughts on how the awards encyclopedia page behaves when there are a large amount of awards in play?

Currently we display every user who has earned an Award, because we designed the Awards system with few awards being handed out in mind - certainly fewer than the thousands of awards that'd be needed for the page to time out or the memory to be exhausted.

Achievements on the other hand (which are not manually handed out) do not display all their users for this reason.

Interesting. What would you recommend for our situation? As we are a gaming community, we could be a good case study for your product (we use a ton of other DBT mods too). Let me know if you would like any more detail on how we leverage awards and achievements to see if there are any opportunities here.

The only thing I can recommend currently is to comment out the Award Encyclopedia link from the template and delete /dbtech/vbactivity/actions/allawards.php until such a time as we can make the required changes to the file.

Hmm, that's a good point actually. I hadn't considered that important functionality was on that page.

I'll get to work on implementing the same kind of limitation as on Awards, and post back when it's been added :)

Update: Upon further revision, I cannot complete this change in a hotfix. I'll have to release a new version of vBActivity, so look for the new release on Monday :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back