Status
Not open for further replies.

Taurus

Customer
I don't think this is a bug, but I have a problem setting up the permissions for all my usergroups. I use vBET, and they now create extra, additional usergroups for the different languages set up. Unfortunately these additional usergroups are not added by vBmail. So setting up a staff only mailing list includes all the usergroups not listed also.

So what happened now was, I set up a mailing list for staff only, configured it, but when I look at the subcribers list, I have 38 pages of subscribers. All from those additional usergroups.

Is there a reason vBMail does not include these additional usergroups? And is there a way for me to add them somehow?

Thank you very much.

You can uncheck their "Default Subscription" status via Mailing List Management :)

Then those usergroups must not be added to the official usergroup cache array, which means there's nothing I can do about it unfortunately :(

This is the answer I got from Michal, the developer of vBET:

Hi,

I was able to see their thread (but not included images). Please note that all usergroups are stored as they suppose to in vBulletin tables. As I understand you do not see those in vBMail - this is their bug. They suppose to take all existing groups. Instead they limit shown groups to some subset of existing usergroups (subset included in cache). They just have to change it and show all existing usergroups. It is not true that they cannot do anything - they can just take all existing usergroups ;)

vBET here is clean - we do not change anything in vBulletin architecture - vBET usergroups are stored just same way as all other usergroups. Anyone can take it, if just ask about all existing usergroups. Any changes in vBET will not solve their problem, because in case when you will have other new usergroups not stored in cache then your issue will came back. They have to change the way of taking usergroups. Especially that as I imagine taking only groups from cache have no visible impact on performance at all.

You can contact us with authors of the mod if you think it will help and they want to discuss the issue.

So I really don't know what to do now.

Unless you have set the vBET usergroups to "Is Not Banned Group: No" then vBMail will not exclude them from its permissions display :)

Unless you have set the vBET usergroups to "Is Not Banned Group: No" then vBMail will not exclude them from its permissions display :)

OK, for some reason those usergroups were all set to 'No'. I changed that now, and they were included in the vBMail list now. However that made no difference. I adjusted the permissions for those usergroups, yet they are all still subscribed. See screenshots. Thanks.

11-Jul-11 10-39-30 AM.png 11-Jul-11 10-40-07 AM.png

Unticking Default Subscribed does not unsubscribe existing users, you must manually remove them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy vBMail

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings