Question Usergroup issue, Sorry, you don't have permission to access

Status
Not open for further replies.

druganot

Hello again!
First off I am new to vbulletin, I just purchased a license a few weeks ago. So there is a good chance this could just be a user error or Im am just missing something easy.

I am having an issue with accessing the control panel for seo
I am receiving error
Code:
Sorry, you don't have permission to access the administrative controls on this page.

If you need to access this page, ask your lead administrator to enable your permissions for this page.

I have followed the readme.txt

The only information I was able to dig up was it was a issue with the usergroups

I have done all possible troubleshooting I can think of.
The only way I can get around this issue is by installing dbsecurity lite, havent test with others dbtech products.
Then I can access the control panel, unless I disable or uninstall dbsecurity. If I do, dbseo will go back to same error.

I have rechecked every I could think of.

My config.php has
$config['SpecialUsers']['superadministrators'] = '1';

My admin login id is 1

I have searched for my userid in user search and made sure It was part of the administrators group

Checked DragonByte Tech: SEO - Administrator Permissions Is Manager is set to yes

usergroups table/ dbtech_dbseopermissions is set to 1 for administrator

I have done a fresh install of both vbulletin and dbseo and received the same results. Tried with previous versions of dbseo

I am at a loss and do not know where to go from here or if I am even going in the right direction with troubleshooting.

Does anyone have any ideas or anything else I can try?
Is there additional permissions settings I need to setup?

Thanks

Could you please PM me with an FTP account as well as an AdminCP account for the affected user? Thanks :)

You need to set your self super admin from the config
my first post

My config.php has
$config['SpecialUsers']['superadministrators'] = '1';

My admin login id is 1

I have searched for my userid in user search and made sure It was part of the administrators group

Checked DragonByte Tech: SEO - Administrator Permissions Is Manager is set to yes

usergroups table/ dbtech_dbseopermissions is set to 1 for administrator
;

is this what you are referring to?

also Fillip H., I did pm you that info you asked for

Have you checked admincp/Usergroups/Administrator Permissions = Edit Permissions = All Yes

I've discovered the issue and it will be fixed in the next version, currently scheduled to be released tomorrow :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy DragonByte SEO

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Back