Status
Not open for further replies.

fxwoody

Ok, the template upgrade for 4.x.x works fine in every newthread, newreply on the board but in private messages it removes in the pm_quickreply, every bbcodes and text window! From firebug i can see that the "blockbody formcontrols" is totally empty between the <div> and only way to answer is obviously to go advance or reply to private message.
EX from firebug:
HTML:
<div class="blockbody formcontrols">

</div>

I posted almost same thing then here on vb.org where i found your plugin but would appreciate if someone could take a look at this.

Cheers

Sorry, I don't understand what you mean.

Are you saying that those editor controls vanish when you apply the template edit from this mod?

Yep! Gone!
The code removes every thing, as per what i see in firebug!

Attachments

• newthread.png
    newthread.png
    55.2 KB · Views: 5
I've just reviewed the installation instructions and nowhere does it say to remove anything from any of the templates - are you sure you only ADDED the bit it requested?

Also, by default, it does in no way modify the PM templates. Any modifications of the PM templates is not supported by this mod so unfortunately we can't fix bugs that aren't caused by this mod :(

Please try reverting the template you mentioned in the OP.

lol I never said that i removed anything myself from adding your plugin! The plugin itself removes the bbcodes and text window in PM_QUICKREPLY
And when i disable the plugin ,the bbcodes and text area showes back again!!
Can't add anything more then what you guys have specified of the instructions in the plugin folder to add in the 3 templates :editor_toolbar_on / showthread_quickreply and vbcms ;)
Plus FTP Posttemplates to Dbtech folder (already there because of vbshout) and files in includes folder to main root includes folder.
I'm telling you, something is getting in the way somewhere and it's the only thing that doesn't work from your MOD.
Too bad that it doesn't works! It was a great idea :(

Last edited:
As you can see on this site, we have the mod installed on the default skin and this problem does not occur.

Have you tried creating a fresh (unmodified) skin, then only applying these customisations?

I looked into it and must have a bug somewhere in a script as it works OK on my test site and not on live one :(
I hate that! lol
Anyway, tks for the help, i will try to find where the trouble is coming from!

Ok Fillip H., nevermind your mod! It's Lynne's move smilies below that interfere with it :(
Can't get any answers tho from her, too busy to help!!!

Will have to live with it i guess :(

Cheers and close this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy Post Templates

vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating