Status
Not open for further replies.

IcEWoLF

Customer
Hi Dylan,

1. Could add a more neutral border for the frames for vBgallery?
Right now it goes blue, white and blue again, created a frame effect, I like the idea of the frame, but I think the frame should be much thinner and lose the blue color and make it with one color only (black or white or dark grey)

If the template is light it should have black edges with shadow, if the template is black then the edges should still be black but with white shadows.
I think it would enhance the look of vBgallery.

2. Lets re-think the idea of the following to show:

005.jpg
User: xxxx
Album: Girls
0 Comments

Because the above takes way too much room from the design block, I feel as in it takes a bit much away from the overall look of vBGallery.
Lets make the images fill the box more

Lets do this, when you mouse over it shows the # of users that commented, also the option to favorite the image without having to open the image, and then at the bottom.

Here is what I have in mind when you mouse over an image:

fw.png

(sorry my photoshop skills are bad)

Maybe KristerSwe could help us out with this to make a mockup and see if he can come up with something for visual.

This suggestions are mainly to fill up the box more with the image, and less writing on them, the whole idea of vBGallery is for users to mainly see pictures and not 50% image and 50% text.

These are just suggestions, I am just thinking out loud at the moment.

From Hornstar
A smart mouse overlay text, would be much more visually appealing imo

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
If all pictures was same size it was alot esier. users have all kind of sizes of the images and i belivie is pretty hard make it fit all common ..

Therefor i have tweak the css some and maked border only 6 and decreased the box sizes.
think Dylan can move out size of border as a stylevar. the borders you can add color to already
in the dragontech: gallery stylevar border. tweaked the settings so its looked like this . changed color
so you see it can be manage through the stylevar. am working with Dylan on this so need to
be tested some more to be sure . i belivie some more settings can be moved out to stylevar

testing.png

stlevar.png

Here i changed the color of border and maked shadows smaller in pixels. think all settings could be moved out so users can play the way the want. i will talk to Dylan about it and see what happends....

Another idea to get rid of 50% text is to have a single line with text *Pic Info* like an example and have a hover box full of info for particular photo with thanks, rating, comments etc (Similar to Hover Info Mod)

less-shadow.png

Last edited:
Here i changed the color of border and maked shadows smaller in pixels. think all settings could be moved out so users can play the way the want. i will talk to Dylan about it and see what happends....

Another idea to get rid of 50% text is to have a single line with text *Pic Info* like an example and have a hover box full of info for particular photo with thanks, rating, comments etc (Similar to Hover Info Mod)

View attachment 2887

Likes this :)

On the next version I have all the border and drop shadow code in stylevars. That way you can tweak them to how you want without having to modify templates.

I can work on clearing up the image box. I'll look into doing a profile hover type thing on it, maybe just do an alt text box like I have on the sidebar/forumhome/cms with the info.

My suggest is to move out all settings for the boxes

Here i try with background

th-bgg.png

Have settings like this for borders

bordersetting.png

And like this for the background of box

backgroundsetting.png

I was planning on putting them in string fields. Unless you know a way you can do the same radius type effect with their OOB border type?

Status
Not open for further replies.