• Support will be limited until May 8th, as I will be out of the office travelling. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Selden

Customer
Hello,

First post here.

I'm bit confused about the right product to my forum so I think is best to explain what I need.

I was looking around vBCredits, vBDownload and vBShop. Maybe I need all three, who knows.

I have an small programmers forum where programmers uploads scripts and/or developments, executable files, etc as you usually upload file on vBulletin. But we want to add two more features.

First off, add the feature of sell the uploaded product by some amount of money but secondly, the feature of download for free is earn points. That's why I was looking the three aforementioned plugins.

Our programmers also likes to idea of set prices to already uploaded files.

Do you think I'm on the right path?

Thanks in advance.

Once vBDownloads v2 goes Gold, combining it with vBCredits would accomplish what you want (albeit in a slightly roundabout way).

We currently don't offer any products that let people buy products directly, however with vBDownloads v2 Gold you will be able to set a points cost for each download. You can set these points to be obtainable by doing things on your forum such as posting, creating threads etc via vBCredits.

You can also make it so people can purchase points via PayPal (again using vBCredits). In this way you could set a "point" price that is equivalent to real world money.

Please note that users of your site cannot upload things, charge for them, and then get paid in real money for them. There is no way for users to convert points to real world money - only to convert real world money to points.

Back