Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no idea if your host actually integrates with Amazon or what, but as for the relevance to vB Optimise, that I can answer :)

If it provides you with all the details vB Optimise requires to set up Amazon S3, then you should in theory be able to use that for vB Optimise.

If not, you can always go with Origin Pull, which should work.

That being said, if they offer a site-wide script then it's possible you don't need the vB Optimise CDN feature at all. CloudFlare, for instance, I believe in some cases offers a script to offload your entire forum to their CDN without vB Optimise needing to be involved.

I think I need to be able to edit a server URL somewhere, as it says on this page I linked to: "Any third-party application that connects to Amazon S3 or OpenStack Swift and allows configuring the server URL can be used with DreamObjects."

I'm very new to all this, so I'm not sure how this is all supposed to work.

Then it should work fine, IIRC the Amazon S3 config wizard asks for a bucket URL and some private/public key pairs :)

You can see the form on your forum without completing setup, though.

Do note that this post does in no way, shape or form guarantee or promise that we can make a middle layer like this work, it was designed to connect directly to Amazon's servers, and will not connect to any other server to validate the inputted info.

Hmmm, it seems to be impossible from what I can tell. Can I request the feature to change the connection URL for an Amazon S3 type connection? It's using the same API, so it seems all I need is to be able to set the server URL and I could use it with my current keys and bucket.

To show you what I mean, my bucket is "staticfiles" and my server is "objects.dreamhost.com," so my files are available from the public URL http://objects.dreamhost.com/staticfiles/

Either that, or I might request support for OpenStack API connections.

On the plus side, I've managed to manually move my static images over to my bucket, so that is a big relief off my server.

Try using the Origin Push/Pull CDN type in vBeC - you should have more luck with that.

vBeC? vBeCommerce? I don't have that. Unless you just typo'ed there and meant vbo ;)

I have just tried the Origin Pull or Mirror option, and it connected to the server, but since it doesn't ask for my bucket information or username or access key it just tries to blindly upload and then can't connect.

How does the Remote Server option work? If I just bought a second server could it be used through this feature to upload and store everything I choose to put on that server as a direct mirror?

Yeah, I did mean vBO :p Sorry.

I do believe that is how Remote Server works, yeah. You'd only need to have it set up to serve static content over HTTP (i.e. Apache is needed but not PHP) so it shouldn't require eleventy bajillion GB of RAM or anything of the sort xD

A decent sized bandwidth out is required though - we have a second server for MySQL and at one point we noticed we didn't have private communication between Web and DB servers, as we found we'd gone through 4.2 TB of bandwidth in half a month :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy vB Optimise

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings