Status
Not open for further replies.

Malik Khalaf

Customer
Hi

I'm interesting in your reviews system, but I want to ask if I can use images as custom fields like other reviews systems in the market.

To understand what I'm talking about, let we say we have a hotel reviews site for example, we want to add a level of the hotel (5 stars, 4 stars ..) as a radio option to select the level, but when we display the review it will appear as image not as text, the same for hotel amenities, that all reviews sites show it as images not as text, so is this thing possible in your product?

Another thing, if we have a site for hotel reviews or book reviews, some times we want to disable the author review, and show only the members reviews which is the most important for users, you can see TripAdvisor web site to understand what I mean.

Thanks.

Hi

I'm interesting in your reviews system, but I want to ask if I can use images as custom fields like other reviews systems in the market.

To understand what I'm talking about, let we say we have a hotel reviews site for example, we want to add a level of the hotel (5 stars, 4 stars ..) as a radio option to select the level, but when we display the review it will appear as image not as text, the same for hotel amenities, that all reviews sites show it as images not as text, so is this thing possible in your product?

Another thing, if we have a site for hotel reviews or book reviews, some times we want to disable the author review, and show only the members reviews which is the most important for users, you can see TripAdvisor web site to understand what I mean.

Thanks.

Right now no, I'd need to integrate a jquery script or something to be able to use images in the dropdown lists.

Right now you can't disable author ratings Would be simple enough to add though on the next release. That image you linked to is so small, I have no clue what it is.

EDIT: I see what you mean now. You should be able to in a different way, but I noticed there is a problem with it. I'll fix it in the next version.

Last edited:
Sorry I don't notice that I add link to thumbnail not the actual image.

I will wait the next release, and I wish you have a close look at vbcover ireviews then you may get useful ideas to add to your promise product.

Another request, could you add vbcms widget to display reviews by some set of criteria?

Thanks.

No updates Dylan?

I need to launch my review section in my site, and I already have a copy from iReview, but if the features that I requested will appear in your product in the near future I can wait, because I don't like to use encoded files in my server and don't like the idea of using forums to manage reviews.

Thanks.

I am not working on the next version of DragonByte Reviews at the moment so it will be a little while before the next version comes out.

Unfortunately we are unable to provide times, there is to many things going on to effectively guesstimate when the next update will be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back