Status
Not open for further replies.

SteamGamers

Customer
Hey, we got a vbulletin 5 forum and are working on importing the old forum which is running vbulletin 4.

We couldn't import the thanks stats from the old forum over to the new one, and bought the pro version hoping that would let us import everything from our vbulletin 4 forum. Weird thing is that i who bought and downloaded the pluggin can see all the thanks on the new forum, which we thought we didnt get over to the new forum. But everyone else can't see that.

My question is, is it possible to import such from a vbulletin 4 forum and how. And why am i the only one who can see the stats?

You can copy the data over manually if they're in different databases, as the structure of the dbtech_thanks_entry table has not changed.

You can copy the data over manually if they're in different databases, as the structure of the dbtech_thanks_entry table has not changed.

Thanks for the response, sorry but i was misinformed. We use Abe's Post Thank You Hack on the vbulletin 4 forum. Any chance of getting that over?

Last edited:
Ah. You would need to first install this mod on vB4, import from Abe's mod, then upgrade that vB4 forum to vB5. When you install the vB5 version of the Thanks mod on the same database, the data should be intact.

Of course, you should back up your database prior to upgrading to vB5 so that if the data is indeed not intact, you can copy it manually.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy Advanced Post Thanks / Like

vBulletin 5.0.x vBulletin 5.1.x vBulletin 5.2.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Back