Status
Not open for further replies.

Dennis

Customer
I run a photography based forum and installed the Rating Plug-in this weekend and have to say I really like what I see thus far. But now I have 2 complaints from users already about the images being cut out by 1/3 in size from the right side.
I have the Plug-in set for compressed mode on the system.

On my PC I don't see any issues, but for those that are using laptops and iPads are seeing this happen now. So I took my Acer 1410 out to see what these users are seeing and sure enough, the image is being cut off on the right had side.

On my Acer 1410 shows the Ratings top line right, and the images shown below that on another line, but it seems that there is some interference with the Ratings position that is causing the images to be cut off, it almost looks like it needs to CR lines to be added?

Please let me know if you require further information.

Dennis

could you attach a screenshot of the problem? I develop on a laptop and don't see the problem you are talking about.
Or pm me a login that has access to see the ratings with a link to a thread that has the problem. I'll see I can replicate it with my laptop.

Sorry to interrupt.

I spotted this on my test forum, Default was fine but my custom skin was cut off, Realised it due to the fluid width of forum, adding document width cuts your images off!

could you attach a screenshot of the problem? I develop on a laptop and don't see the problem you are talking about.
Or pm me a login that has access to see the ratings with a link to a thread that has the problem. I'll see I can replicate it with my laptop.

Dylan, Good news is that it was not the Plug-in at all, I disabled the Plug-in it did the same thing, so I decided to investigate this further and found that I made an error in the StylesVar area with the settings and now everything is working right. I forgot all about it and never had anyone complain until after the Ratings was installed.

Thanks for getting back to me and very sorry that I casued the alarm bells to go off.

Dennis

---------- Post added at 10:18 ---------- Previous post was at 10:16 ----------

Sorry to interrupt.

I spotted this on my test forum, Default was fine but my custom skin was cut off, Realised it due to the fluid width of forum, adding document width cuts your images off!

Thanks very much for the information and I will keep this in mind just in case, my problem was that I edited the wrong StyleVar by mistake, and the complaints came in after I installed the Ratings Plug-in so I thought it was that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy Thread Ratings

vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings