GgAcE

Customer
I don't want to promote an overly price mod here BUT would like to give a suggestion that I KNOW is 100% within the realm of DBtech. If any of the mods want to see this highly detailed video or a link with a demo, let me know. This site that currently produces this modification has not been active since 2010. No other site has a similar modification & I ALMOST... ALMOST!!!! Paid full price ($400 for a 1 year license......) for this mod before I thought of my favorite custom mod site.

Modifications Details:

Think of an open ended "Vbulletin garage". The garage on the vbulletin website allows users to add specifications for there vehicles such as year, engine type, horse power, costs, pictures etc. This allows users to see the other members "gallery" of vehicles in which they have uploaded. This is used for car clubs, showing off, etc.

Within my suggested showcase mod, Administrators have the ability to create there own genre. Users are not limited to a garage for cars.

For my example, I will use choose "PC's".

Admin

Admins will have the ability to create the editable user fields:

• Single line text field
  • Multiple line text field (choose number of lines)
  • Radio buttons (I.e. select options such as "yes", "no", etc.)
  • Drop down lists
  • etc

Examples of editable user fields

Single line text = Manufacturer (I.E. Dell, HP, Acer, Etc.)
Users can enter custom text in this field allowing them to indicate unknown manufacturers, customer PC, etc.

Radio Buttons = Screen type
Users can select one of three options such as touch screen, multi touch screen, non touch screen

Ok everyone knows how custom fields work... Use your imagination. We could have fields for ram, operating system, CPU, & so on. The custom fields are endless.

Ok great... Admins can create custom fields... What's so good about this mod?

The admin capabilities are the least desirable part of this modifications.

With the vast ability to customize your site for ANY genre, users will no longer have to type out lines of text or repeat redundant information.

After the admins create a genre & applicable fields, users can access the mod & begin adding there specifics. After the user enters in their details, they have the ability to upload a picture(s). After completion of all this, the admins can choose to have a link in the users profile field, postbit, or a gallery style link to display the results.

members of the forum can view the entries as well as comment/rate.

What type of sites can possibly use this?

That's the key, the possible uses are endless... Possible genres with quick examples:

• Cooking sites - Recipes
  • Skateboard sites - Display skateboard decks
  • Roleplay / Story sites - Can display characters
  • Computer sites - display custom PC's
  • Cell Phone Sites - Display phones, ratings, feedback, etc.
  • Cars / Motorcycles / boats - Vehicle options are endless
  • Guns / weapons - show how thug you are
  • Houses - Show off your game rooms
  • Video games - Show off your Fable 2 character...

I mean the list is endless. With such a mod, the limitations are up the the admins. I know with the price & reliablity of the DBTech team (trust me.. I had my fair share of support & they are nothing short of amazing), I see a fairly easy modification (coming from the guy just buying the mods) to create yet a money making machine if priced like other DBtech mods.

I would love to see some feedback & if others are interested in such a modifications.

/end ramble

The gallery software I'm building will do a lot of this, not sure if Cosmic will want to create a mod so similar. The gallery is built as a module system and will allow multiple instances. Each instance can run a different module that can have a complete different look and feel to it. I'll also be adding the ability to create custom fields before it goes public.

The gallery software I'm building will do a lot of this, not sure if Cosmic will want to create a mod so similar. The gallery is built as a module system and will allow multiple instances. Each instance can run a different module that can have a complete different look and feel to it. I'll also be adding the ability to create custom fields before it goes public.

Sounds like you guys are on the right page as always. I appreciate the reply =)

Dylan

The new gallery is out! Yahoo!!!!!!! Now for my turn!!!! =P

In all seriousness, I know you're a busy fella. Do we have a possible ETA on when the customer fields & such will be launched? It didn't come with the gallery Per-say (I mean I can edit the language to what I want but can't add more fields if need be).

I love the gallery & can't wait for a reply!

@Dylan

The new gallery is out! Yahoo!!!!!!! Now for my turn!!!! =P

In all seriousness, I know you're a busy fella. Do we have a possible ETA on when the customer fields & such will be launched? It didn't come with the gallery Per-say (I mean I can edit the language to what I want but can't add more fields if need be).

I love the gallery & can't wait for a reply!

I'm working on the next version right now and one of the additions should be custom fields :)