Legacy Category - do not allow listings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mick

Customer
Hi Mokonzi,

Would it be possible to make some categories top categories.

Basically I have sub categories, and do not want people posting in the top sections.

Like this

-Electronics and TEchnology (this is the top Category) ---> Do not want anything listed here.

---Desktops Laptops and Tablets (this is also a top category) ----> Do not want anything listed here.
-----Desktops (Fine for listings)
-----Laptops (fine for listings)

---Mobile and Smart Phones (another top category) ---> Do not want anything listed here
-----Apple (fine for listings)
-----HTC (fine for listings)

I hope that explains it... Its more for people that do not know what they are doing and end up posting in the wrong areas.

Regards
Mick

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I think we've had a request similar to this before. I'll take a look at what we can do to make it impossible to select parent categories. It might need to be a setting per category. :)

follow up

Just to follow up on this,

I knew my members would start doing stuff like this lol.

But I also wanted to ask where can I edit the listing to move it to the right category, I pressed edit listing but there is no option to move it?

RC1-Feature-Request.png

Thanks Mokonzi

Mick

Hello Mick,

This ticket has now been closed with the status Implemented.

We hope your issue or question has been addressed to your satisfaction. If not, please feel free to re-open it by clicking this link.

If you have any further issues or questions, please feel free to start a new support ticket via the button at the top of every page.

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back