Question Branding key doesn't work

Status
Not open for further replies.

markoroots

Customer
Hi there,
I have installed the pro version of Forum Ads after had test the lite version.
I upload all the file by overwriting all the existing folders.
Added the branding free key
and is there still a DBTech brand in the footer.

branding free.png

What to do?

This most commonly occurs if you are opening the readme.txt file with the Windows built-in Notepad app. Please use an alternative text editor such as Notepad++ (free), which will correctly read the file.

Sorry what file?

If you see, there is still the light version brand, in the image I post, that is the footer of my forum.

If I have installed the pro version of the plugin and branding free code (also opening with notepad++ but nothing change.

The question is why I still found the light version brand if I have upload and overwrite all old files and folders?

You need to download the Branding Free licence file and open the resulting readme.txt file, then apply this key to the AdminCP.

Yes I just have done this, but the brand is still there and in the acp it show that is installed the pro version.
But still appear the brand of the lite version.

The reason for this is the fact that your ForumAds licence is in use on another site. The site listed in the issue is not currently licenced for ForumAds Pro, and only the Lite version is installed. The Pro XML file should not be installed, you need to import the Lite XML file.

I have bought 2 license of ForumAds and 2 license of Brandig Free ForumAds, not only one.
The site listed have also in Client Area these products.
I have bought this plugin 2 times.

Ah, I see it now, my mistake.

The issue is that the Pro version was not uploaded to the forum specified in the URL, only the Lite folder is on the server. If you download the product associated with the forum specified in the URL, upload all the files and install it's companion XML file, the copyright should correctly display Pro.

You will then need to do the same with the Branding Free key.

Let me know when that's done whether there's any further issues :)

Yes many thanks.
I delete all the files from the server I have reinstalled again the plugin and now it work. :)

Many thanks Fillip H..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy DragonByte Forum Ads

vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings