Status
Not open for further replies.

daejeon

Customer
Category Permission Issues

When I installed the beta all my categories were given the following permissions:

Picture2.png

Even though no extension group is set by default, a member can upload any of the allowed extensions.

Picture1.png

By default unregistered members are able to view, download, upload. However, administrators and super moderators are not. I know that you wanted to move the permissions to user permissions but even with this set Administrators are not able to view, download, upload. Moreover, anyone in a custom group or multiple usergroups cannot view, download, upload.

Edited the permissions in phpmyadmin to comply to my needs. You may want to consider assigning better permissions to newly made categories by default

Last edited:
1. There are no default category permissions, creating a category without modifying the tick boxes results in nobody being able to access it :)

2. It's also not possible to save a category without any extension groups, and I'm unable to replicate any issues in which upgrades wipe out the category permissions.

I will add a notice to the Upgrade Notes to look out for any missing permissions, however.

I had an sql error when upgrading, so I think that affected the permissions.

All sorted now, I manually added the permissions in phpmyadmin.

By default permissions I'm referring to the 2nd image. When creating a new category those usergroups are ticked by default.

Please report the SQL error so I can fix it. Thanks :)

Those usergroups don't get ticked unless you tick them manually, by default there are 0 usergroups ticked for any permissions. Editing the newly created category also doesn't produce random usergroups ticked.

You fixed the sql error in the release of 1.4.2

I just tried adding a new category, and you are right, nothing is ticked by default :eek:

Ahh okay :)

Did you upgrade your production forum? If not, you could restore the test board to the backup made before the upgrade and try the upgrade again, just to be double sure :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy vBDownloads

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Back