Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to choose between having mentions,tags, quotes, and hashes display in the usercp rather than the member profile tabs. This way the name of the thread won't show to members that don't have permissions in those forums where they mention, etc. occurred. But will still allow for enabling the features in private forums.

For example, I might have a thread called "John is a jerk" in the mod forum and tag a moderator that I thought also had interaction with him to get him to weigh in. I don't want other members being able to see we are talking about John via the mentions tab. But I still want to use the functionality in the private forum.

It's too bad VB doesn't have a tab system in the usercp similar to the profile pages, where you could toggle between subscriptions, quotes, mentions, etc.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Well for one, they can't view the thread titles either if they can't access the forum.

For two, what's the point in alerting someone to a post they can't access? :p

perhaps I don't understand how the mentions page works in the profile pages.... is that information viewable by any member?

I wouldn't be tagging a person that can't see the forum...but if I tagged a person with access and that tag shows up in that member's profile under mention tab, now everyone can see the title of the thread, right?

perhaps I don't understand how the mentions page works in the profile pages.... is that information viewable by any member?

I wouldn't be tagging a person that can't see the forum...but if I tagged a person with access and that tag shows up in the profiles under mention, now everyone can see the title of the thread, right?

No only those available to see the forum where the user is mentioned, quoted will be able to see it

OK...that's good to know. Still seems like the mentions and quotes are more of a notifications area of the UserCP thing than a profile tab type thing. But I guess in the name of showing activity it works.

Is there a search via search.php that would return all threads that a user is mentioned in, or is quoted in, etc.?

OK...that's good to know. Still seems like the mentions and quotes are more of a notifications area of the UserCP thing than a profile tab type thing. But I guess in the name of showing activity it works.

Is there a search via search.php that would return all threads that a user is mentioned in, or is quoted in, etc.?

I do not believe so, only viewable by going to user profile and clicking on the appropriate tab ie:

Quotes
Mentions
Thread Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.