Morrus

Customer
Does the vBShop mod support PayPal purchases of items rather than points-based purchases? Or, alternatively, PayPal purchases of points rather than earning them?

I'm looking for a product to allow me to facilitate microtransactions rather than earning points through actions.

I think you could create a new currency with vBCredits and then point vbShop to use that currency. VbCredits allows you to purchase points with Paypal. That'd need to be confirmed by one of the DBT guys, but I think it could be done that way.

Trekkan is correct :)

You can use vBCredits to have users purchase points, and vBShop can use those points =)

Excellent - that sounds like a solution. Though I did ask on Twitter about vBCredits offering PayPal transations and didn't get an answer (the vBCredits.com site was closed with just a link to Twitter on it).

Excellent - that sounds like a solution. Though I did ask on Twitter about vBCredits offering PayPal transations and didn't get an answer (the vBCredits.com site was closed with just a link to Twitter on it).

Thats the company the released the old vBCredits as far as i know they are now defunct :P

I've just purchased an installed vBCredits II Deluxe, but I'm finding it a bit confusing. I *think* I've disabled all credit earning actions. I can't find how a user would purchase credits via PayPal, though.

I have the Currency Conversions set (for testing, just $1 per point) in the AdminCP. But I can't find from the user interface end where or how the user makes this purchase. Help?

Make sure you have a purchase event set up with the currency you created conversions for.

Then, anywhere credits are shown on your forums click the number to get the currency popup. From there you can choose to Purchase and the amount you want to buy. The price will update right there and you go directly to paypal once you submit. Complete the purchase process and you will get your credits when you are returned to the forum.

Make sure you have a purchase event set up with the currency you created conversions for.

Then, anywhere credits are shown on your forums click the number to get the currency popup. From there you can choose to Purchase and the amount you want to buy. The price will update right there and you go directly to paypal once you submit. Complete the purchase process and you will get your credits when you are returned to the forum.

Found it - thanks.