Bug URLS randomly stop rewriting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you sure you're not using any other form of caching like CloudFlare, or that Incapsula accidentally got turned back on?

In that case, without a way to reproduce it 100% of the time, there's nothing much I can do I'm afraid :(

Update:

I think the issue maybe down to cpanels log rotation that causes the webserver to reboot every so and so. With each reboot its causing stored data to mess up with xcache and vbs cache. I'll update you all in a few hours if this is the casue.

No longer rewriting any URLS , but i can manually set a defined rule to say test.php to /letest and access that but on the fly rewriting has decided to stop.

The most common cause of this happening is the Forum Cache being corrupt. Do you have any forums with special characters, other than a-z 0-9 and punctuation?

none, but i've disabled xcache for now due to some errors with that and also alternating memcached to see whats causing it. As it stands i've totally disabled memcached from config.php and see if that helps.

Right, here is an odd one, see if you can figure this shit out because I'm not too sure whats causing its.

URL should be and when hovering displays as; domain/f83/mine-matynator-sucks-bum-fluff-1021167-post8179751/#post8179751

when accessing rewrites to; domain/showthread.php?t=1021167&page=7&p=8179751#post8179751

It seems like PHP files are not being processed by the .htaccess files. Are you running Litespeed (I think it was) or PHP-FPM?

Update:

more highly odd occurrences. So we visit the a thread thats seemingly rewritten through DBSEO as mentioned above only to have it default back to vBs original URL stricture. We then follow that thread to go back to the root sub forum and its also using the default vb structure. Now, heres the funny part, accessing via the homepage and then going to the sub forum rewrites correctly and entering a thread from there but accessing a thread first then following a link from that... not rewritten.

HMM!

#Update

May have found the ultimate cause. Was using an RPM based install of memcached server from an old repo that i wasn't aware of , unistalled that and updated to via src and renabled xcache and all was working, UNTIL i ran out of memory in xcache. Set xcache to 1gb, TTL 1800 and all seems fine as of this moment.

Alright, though I should point out that a version newer than v1.1.0 implemented a change where Canonical URLs can be enforced more easily, so this issue could have been avoided that way.

It is of course optimal that you found the root cause of the problem, but if it still happens, newer versions of DBSEO does have a workaround in it :)

Alright, though I should point out that a version newer than v1.1.0 implemented a change where Canonical URLs can be enforced more easily, so this issue could have been avoided that way.

It is of course optimal that you found the root cause of the problem, but if it still happens, newer versions of DBSEO does have a workaround in it :)

Add "Canonical URL" Tag

That? If so I've had that enabled the entire time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy DragonByte SEO

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings