Question Sitemap Does not Contain Any URLs Warning

Status
Not open for further replies.

RobAC

Customer
Each time my sitemap is submitted to Google, I see the following error message in Google Webmaster Tools:

Your Sitemap does not contain any URLs. Please validate and resubmit your Sitemap.

When I look at the sitemap, there are URLs in them.

Out of 779,978 URLs submitted, 73,070 URLs are indexed. I see this every two days when the sitemap automatically runs and this has been going on for quite a while. I never saw this issue with the standard vBulletin XML sitemap generation and didn't see it with VBSEO.

What is the cause of this, because at this point, I'm trying to justify the continued use of this product over the standard XML sitemap generation that automatically comes with vBulletin?

Hi Rob,

This can happen if Google accesses your sitemaps while they are still being generated. We have no control over when exactly they try to read the sitemap, but if you refresh it in GWT the warning will go away.

The standard XML sitemap generation will not generate SEO'd URLs, for one :) DBSEO uses the same code base as the standard XML sitemap generation, so IF this was a problem with DBSEO's code then the same problem would appear with the standard XML sitemap generation :)

I tried refreshing and got the same error message.

If I manually re-run the sitemap, I get the following error message after a few minutes:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 11791175 bytes) in /home/public_html/forums/dbtech/dbseo/includes/class_sitemap.php on line 1091

What could be causing this?

Hmm, could you try reducing the amount of URLs per page? That might help. Try halving it from 30000 to 15000.

Great, glad to hear that :)

DBSEO does not control the speed of indexing, it'll happen over time.

Hello RobAC,

This ticket has now been closed with the status Answered.

We hope your issue or question has been addressed to your satisfaction. If not, please feel free to re-open it by clicking this link.

If you have any further issues or questions, please feel free to start a new support ticket via the button at the top of every page.

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy DragonByte SEO

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings