Bug Sitemap - No URLs

Status
Not open for further replies.

RobAC

Customer
I recently upgraded by DBSEO to 2.0.22. In Google Webmasters, I now see the following error message being generated from the DBSEO sitemap:

Empty Sitemap - Your Sitemap does not contain any URLs. Please validate and resubmit your Sitemap.

What could be causing this??

Also: Google doesn't seem to be indexing anything from my forums. See attached image:

Attachments

• sitemaps.jpg
    sitemaps.jpg
    319.7 KB · Views: 5
Please do not submit the sitemaps individually. Only submit /dbseositemap.php.

http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com/forums/dbseositemap.php?fn=dbseo_sitemap_post_23.xml.gz

If you click that and unzip the resulting file, you'll find it does indeed contain URLs. I am, however, noticing that you have a very large amount of URLs in this sitemap. Please go to the DBSEO CP -> Sitemap Settings -> General Settings -> URLs Per Page and make sure this is set to 30000 or less. If it's currently set to 30000, please try halving it to 15000 and rebuild your sitemap and ask GWT to refresh your sitemap.

It was set to 30000, but I did as you said, dropped it to 15000, re-built the sitemap and sent it to GWT, it now shows over 1,000,000 urls sent and only 8 indexed. See attached.

On another site where I'm running DBSEO, over 72,000 URLs were sent, and none of them got indexed. See attached.

Attachments

• siteurls1.jpg
    siteurls1.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 0
  • siteurls2.jpg
    siteurls2.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
This is normal. Google will re-index your site slowly over time, and even submitting a sitemap is not a guarantee that 100% of the sitemap URLs will be indexed. We have absolutely no control over this, so we cannot speed up this process.

Hello RobAC,

This ticket has now been closed with the status Not A Bug.

We hope your issue or question has been addressed to your satisfaction. If not, please feel free to re-open it by clicking this link.

If you have any further issues or questions, please feel free to start a new support ticket via the button at the top of every page.

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy DragonByte SEO

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings