Status
Not open for further replies.

Dutch_Boy

Customer
Hello,

If got a problem with the sound the shoutbox plays when someone post a new messages.
You dont hear it only when i refresh the home page.

Kinda strange.

Any change how i can fix this?

Kind regards,

Dutch_Boy.

If you are having problems with sound, please follow this check-list:

1)
Did you select a sound to be played in the Instance Manager?
AdminCP -> DBTech - vBShout -> Instance Management -> [Edit] -> Shout Sound / Invite Sound / PM Sound

2) Are sounds turned on?
AdminCP -> DBTech - vBShout -> Settings -> Enable Sounds

3) !!!Pro Only!!! Are sounds turned on in the UserCP?
UserCP -> Shoutbox -> Shoutbox Settings -> Shout Sounds / Invite Sounds / PM Sounds

4) Is the QuickTime browser plugin installed?
QuickTime Plugin- Please note that you need to restart your browser after installing the plugin.

5)
Does it work in other browsers?
If you only have one browser on your computer (Internet Explorer) you should try out Firefox.

6) Is the following text present in the source of the page: <embed ?
Right click -> View Source -> Ctrl+F -> <embed
If this is not found, and all the above steps are completed, then you may have an out of date template. Please revert any customisations to dbtech_vbshout_shoutbox

If none of the above steps fix it for you, then it's a browser issue that we are unfortunately unable to assist with.

Later builds of Chrome are notorious for not properly implementing the <embed> tag. Unfortunately it's not feasible for us to switch to HTML5 <audio> tags (which I assume Chrome supports properly) because of the relatively low amount of adaptation for HTML5 compliant browsers (we still get support requests for IE6 and IE7) :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy vBShout

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Back