Bug open_basedir restriction in effect?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kyle

Customer
Running on one site and so far the arcade works good except for when I import a game from the archive. After importing a game I get a ton of the same error repeating itself.

Warning: is_dir() [function.is-dir]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/home) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/kristic:/usr/lib/php:/usr/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/php4/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/usr/local/php4/lib/php:/tmp) in [path]/dbtech/vbarcade/functions_arcade.php on line 122

Game seems to work okay after going in and playing it.

Now doing a fresh install of the latest beta on another site and I get the exact same error:

Warning: is_dir() [function.is-dir]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/home) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/luvinpoker/:/tmp:/var/tmp:/usr/local/lib/php/) in [path]/dbtech/vbarcade/functions_arcade.php on line 122

Line 122 is: if ($dir AND !is_dir($tree .= '/' . $dir)) mkdir($tree, 0777);

Is this a setting on our end of things thats maybe wrong or something else?

open_basedir is caused by safe_mode being enabled in php. one of the effects is that directories and files can only be created/read by the same owner. vBArcade creates temporary import folders within (forum)/dbtech/vbarcade/import (and /temp within that), so that contents of upload folders etc. can be unarchived and read before you install them into your site.

This isnt something I can fix from within the code (or it defeats the purpose of it :p) but pass along the errors and the directories to your host to see if they can get some things whitelisted, or better yet remove safe mode entirely! (it is deprecated in the newer versions of php)

Safe mode is off on both sites. Checked the phpinfo and it shows off. They are two separate hosting companies so will double check with them just to make sure but I know in the past we asked for safe mode to be off.

Now strange thing is both hosts have replied that safe mode is off so wonder what next to check.

Actually, my untar routine fills in missing directories in filepaths, and does so by climbing up the filesystem making sure the directories exist, otherwise creating them.

Therefore, I can see why your server would complain when php tries to check some of the deeper levels, and its also safe to ignore such warnings, since those directories exist anyway, so go ahead and replace the line you located with:

PHP:
if ($dir AND !@is_dir($tree .= '/' . $dir)) mkdir($tree, 0777);

should be good!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy vBArcade

vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads