Question Normal thread urls not redirecting to their seo version

Status
Not open for further replies.

craiovaforum

Customer
hi,

sorry if stupid question or already asked, but ever since I moved from vbseo to dbseo I'm seeing that non-seo urls like showthread.php?t=xxx are not being redirected to their respective seo urls.
After posting a new thread for example, the url seen in the address bar is the showthread.php one instead of the seo friendly url.

am i missing some setting?
thanks

Does the SEO URL show when you go to the thread list (forumdisplay) and click through to a thread there?

Is the "Add "Canonical URL" Tag" setting enabled in the DBSEO CP?

If that's also enabled then there's nothing else I can do, sorry.

The only thing I can think of is that the .htaccess file might be incorrect. Can you show me the full contents of your .htaccess file?

i'm using basic nginx config:

location / {
try_files $uri $uri/ /dbseo.php?$args;
}

location ~ ^((?!dbseo).)*\.php$ {
rewrite ^/(.*)$ /dbseo.php?$args last;
}

Ah, then that is the problem. You need to reconfigure it to redirect the old URLs to DBSEO, there's nothing I can do about this.

I have no experience with Nginx so I cannot assist with this.

sorry i don't understand, I got the nginx.conf from the dbseo downloaded package.
tried temporarily switching to apache with the .htaccess from the same package but the outcome was the same.

isn't redirecting showthread.php urls to their respective seo urls supposed to be a standard dbseo feature?
are you saying that i have to put in the nginx.conf/.htaccess manual redirects for every thread I have on my forum? :)

I'm saying that with the .htaccess file provided in the readme file, redirects work fine. I'm also saying that I have no idea how to make your specific nginx server properly pass old non-SEO URLs to DBSEO.

Nginx is not officially supported, the included nginx.conf was provided by the community. It works for everyone else, no-one else has reported this problem.

Hello @craiovaforum,

We hope your ticket regarding DragonByte SEO has been addressed to your satisfaction. This ticket has now been scheduled to be closed.

If your ticket has not been resolved, you can reply to this thread at any point in the next 7 days in order to reopen the ticket, afterwards this thread will be closed.

Please do not reply to this thread if your ticket has been resolved.

Thank you.

- DragonByte Technologies, Ltd.

Hello @craiovaforum,

As we have not heard back from you, your ticket regarding DragonByte SEO has now been closed.

If your ticket has not been resolved, please feel free to start a new support ticket and link back to this ticket.

Thank you.

- DragonByte Technologies, Ltd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy DragonByte SEO

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating