Bug Move Thread gives error

Status
Not open for further replies.

1quicksi

Customer
Found a bug/issue when merging forum threads you get the following error:

Trying to move: HostBoard

To: The Altec User's Board Free Marketplace !

Gives error:
You have not specified a valid URL for the thread that you want to merge. Please check that the URL includes a valid threadid, "t=xxx" or postid, "p=xxx" (where xxx is a number), and is not a redirect

I was only able to move the thread by by simply using the standard VB URL format:

This is not a bug. Please use the non-SEO'd URL in order to move threads, as vBulletin cannot handle the SEO'd URL.

Ok, so it works with a little manual intervention ;)

So, I guess the $64,000 question is, there a way to modify DBSEO to not pass the SEO'd URL to VB at the copy/move function or a new pluggin be made to do so? Or can the core files be modified to do this? TIA

I don't know if it would be possible to modify vBulletin to accept SEO'd URLs or to make it resolve SEO'd URLs before vB's move thread code, that's outside the scope of this product.

Hello 1quicksi,

This ticket has now been closed with the status Not A Bug.

We hope your issue or question has been addressed to your satisfaction. If not, please feel free to re-open it by clicking this link.

If you have any further issues or questions, please feel free to start a new support ticket via the button at the top of every page.

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy DragonByte SEO

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings