Bug In some instances vBDownloads URLs are not being re-written

Status
Not open for further replies.

bzcomputers

Customer
I've noticed in two places that links to vbDownload urls are not being rewritten.

They are both related to the vbDownload url created by the Post to Thread option.

I'm seeing this happening in:
1) Forum thread created by a new download - the post to thread: message url.
2) CMS - Recent Posts Widget (referring to same Forum thread message above)

...the odd thing is that it doesn't happen in every instance, which I'm sure you don't want to hear!

I'm not sure I fully understand the report, are you saying the URL to the thread in the vBDownloads page isn't rewritten? Or that the link to the download isn't rewritten when viewing the forum thread?

Same with the CMS widget.

I'm not sure I fully understand the report, are you saying the URL to the thread in the vBDownloads page isn't rewritten? Or that the link to the download isn't rewritten when viewing the forum thread?

Same with the CMS widget.

The link to the download isn't always rewritten when viewing the forum thread created by a new download. Which I believe is then just duplicated by the CMS Widget Recent Forum Posts.

Last edited:
I'll look into this for you just now, meanwhile: Your Adblock detection script has a bug. Clicking the X to close the message takes you to the home page, instead of simply dismissing the notice as you would expect. The notice does stay dismissed when you hit the back button, though.

Update: I can't seem to replicate this, even when I rename the vbdownloads script via the setting as you have done. I'll need an FTP account in order to debug this further.

I'll look into this for you just now, meanwhile: Your Adblock detection script has a bug. Clicking the X to close the message takes you to the home page, instead of simply dismissing the notice as you would expect. The notice does stay dismissed when you hit the back button, though.

Thanks, I'll look at that script now. (Edit: Fixed, thanks again.)

Update: I can't seem to replicate this, even when I rename the vbdownloads script via the setting as you have done. I'll need an FTP account in order to debug this further.

Yes, I originally started renaming a couple years back (prior to integration DBSEO). It's unnecessary now but I just haven't switched it back yet.

PMing FTP info now.

Last edited:
This has now been resolved, it was an issue affecting the first non-native URL on every page. For instance, the first vBDownloads URL, the first Classified URL and the first Gallery URL on every page would all not be rewritten.

Let me know if this works for you :)

This has now been resolved, it was an issue affecting the first non-native URL on every page. For instance, the first vBDownloads URL, the first Classified URL and the first Gallery URL on every page would all not be rewritten.

Let me know if this works for you :)

Looks good now, thanks. I bet that wasn't the easiest to track down!

Is this hotfixed in the latest DBSEO?

If you have any further questions or issues, please feel free to start a new support ticket :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy DragonByte SEO

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings