Status
Not open for further replies.
First I really really like how vbSlider grabs all the external images and hosts them locally. By doing that, it puts control back into the admin's hands of what is being displayed.

Not surprisingly, I found that most of the images being posted in threads are not optimized. So I have been able to optimize the images in the external images folder and optimize, and re-upload. Which has made a big impact on my page sizes with the slider.

What I would like to see is some sort of integration with smush.it where the images before being copied to the external images folder could be sent to smush.it and then saved into the external images folder so that the optimization is automated. I found this mod which does that same thing for attachments (although it currently isn't working for me because of an sql error... feel free to suggest a fix as well ;) ...I'm sure it has some issue with the syntax relative to table prefixes. )

Assuming this type of thing can be made to work, it would be an awesome feature for vbSlider.

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back