Do you need or use a Game Server Monitor?

• No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe

• Not sure

• Total voters

CoZmicShReddeR

Customer
Hello peeps, I host a lot of game servers and am really big on hosting the querys to the servers rather then relying on an outside source...

Recently it has come to my attention that VBGameEz might have falling under not sure since I have no way to contact anyone from their coding group... I just checked the website and says they missed payments or broke a rule... I do not really care what happened to them all I want is the script to be updated as needed and to have future upgrades...

They are using a modified version game server monitor from GreyCube.com Richard Perry's LGSL and as far as I know it's open source as long as you give Richard some kudos/Credit you can do what ever you want with it...

I know you guys have a lot of mods your working on and you cannot take everything on but please keep an eye on these guys or ask them if they want you guys to take it over not sure but seems to me it takes them way to long to get something released or updated... There is a market for this but the cache is you can host the script on all web services but linking to a game server port for query is usually blocked on almost every host but there is an option in the script both the LGSL version and the VBGameEz version to remotely switch the query to another server or hosting...

As it is you can just use the LGSL standalone version anywhere and it does give you an option to take the coding and I have made server blocks on the frontpage of my Vbulletin CMS that linked back to the LGSL folder but it's sort of clunky... The VBGameEz version packed a lot of cool stuff like game server stats, map stats and even game server signature bars and blocks for remotely using on other websites...

Minecraft querys is something everyone's been looking forward too as well but not sure if even LGSL is even being worked on anymore... Maybe you guys can take that one on too... :)

Anyways that's my request for the day....

Thanks!

Hmm...

It's interesting, but the issue is that it relies on an outside source (LGSL) to be updated. This means if anything happens to LGSL the mod would lost a lot of its power going forward for people who purchased it - or would require the coder to try to somehow manually figure out how to get individual games working. Since even at LGSL they acknowledge that more and more games are encrypting status etc i'm not really sure how comfortable I would be selling something I know might not work for the next big game people want it to, for instance.

It's something i'll think on though =)

Understandable.. And I do appreciate your input! As it is mods or scripts of these kinds have popped up out of someone having a major interest in them and unfortunately whenever the interested party gets tired of working on them it takes forever for someone else to bring it up again...

Hmm...

It's interesting, but the issue is that it relies on an outside source (LGSL) to be updated. This means if anything happens to LGSL the mod would lost a lot of its power going forward for people who purchased it - or would require the coder to try to somehow manually figure out how to get individual games working. Since even at LGSL they acknowledge that more and more games are encrypting status etc i'm not really sure how comfortable I would be selling something I know might not work for the next big game people want it to, for instance.

It's something i'll think on though =)

I totally agree with what it was said here.
If you use a third party product to revolve around your own then that's a bad idea.
Look at the pirate poker made by AWJunkies...the original dev stopped working on the product 6 months ago and the guy that was selling the mod now is under fire because he can't update it without the original dev.

Back