Question Fee type differences

Status
Not open for further replies.

markoroots

Customer
Hy guys,
please can some one explain me what is the difference between the dfferent type of fees "Fee Type"

Thanks in advance.

No problem. :)

Here we go:

Insertion Fees are fees introduced when a user firsts puts an item up for sale.
Final Value Fees are fees that work out a fee for when an item is sold.
Feature Fees are fees for featuring a listing, in effect making it sticky higher up the result list.

Fees can also be a set rate, as in $1, or a percentage, like 10% of $15 ($1.50).

Hope that helps.

:)

Please if you can explain me better maybe will be also useful for the other users.

There are 4 type of fees:

Insertion Fees
Final Value Fees
Feature Fees
Reserve Fees

So first of all I try to add some items like admin
setting the modules of the plugin in this way:
Insertion fee.png

But when I add (like admin, for example) an item, the plugin don't say to me that is there a fee for that item before to add the item.
And also after the item is posted the price remain the same.

So how to show to the seller that is there a fee to pay before to post his items?

Can you please explain me how to do?

Because for example I set it a fee of 6% when admin post an item. It's true by the upside configuration?

But when I had a product the plugin don't say to me that is there that fee to add or to pay.
What do I made wrong? :(

Last edited:
Also this message arrive to the seller without that any payment was done.

Buy-it-Now Listing Sold to Roots
You have had the following stock bought (1 item(s)):
Don't buy. Sample item - Black Cherry Bubble Gum for US $10.00
The purchase was made by Roots for US $10.00.

You have no stock remaining in that listing so the listing has been ended.

This is a message that must arrive after the payment was done, not before, or without any payment is processed by Paypal, only because someone click on Buy It Now. In this case the item must remain in a "Cart" that it needed but I don't see it.

Can you please resolve these bugs, or help me to found the problem if I'm wrong?

Sorry for the delay, busy weekend.

Featured item fees have a comment of the cost of featuring the item when creating a listing. The rest are listed in the seller section on the view listing page when a listing is created (and IIRC it should also display when previewing an item for sale).

Fees vary a lot and it's not easy to provide a full list of the final fee. For example if a fee increases in percentage (i.e. 10%) on an auction listing then the fee changes depending on if the item sells for $1 or $100.

Regarding the issue with regard to the item being sold, I agree we need to notify the seller slightly differently on the status of the payment, but when the user clicks buy the system needs to take the item off sale, otherwise you could end up with several users buying the same item.

We create the notification of the sale the moment the listing completes, for example when the auction finishes or someone clicks buy for a buy now product. To do it any other way would mean a seller might not be aware that his listing has ended or that someone has purchased stock.

Does that make sense? :)

Regarding the issue with regard to the item being sold, I agree we need to notify the seller slightly differently on the status of the payment, but when the user clicks buy the system needs to take the item off sale, otherwise you could end up with several users buying the same item.

We create the notification of the sale the moment the listing completes, for example when the auction finishes or someone clicks buy for a buy now product. To do it any other way would mean a seller might not be aware that his listing has ended or that someone has purchased stock.

Does that make sense? :)

Yes I think. :)
But I think also that a notification to the buyer, must be sent to notify him that for the item/s bought, there are 24 hours to pay the order and if the payment isn't processed in that time the item will come back active in the marketplace.

Can be a good solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy DragonByte Classifieds

vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
Mokonzi
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings