Status
Not open for further replies.

Steris56

Customer
Just got this and i tested this out the notification doesnt display for me

my notification types are set to active so its not that

any suggestions to this

Have you tried it on FireFox, Chrome, IE or only on CometBird?

Have you made sure there was a new event that would trigger a notification popup, like a new pm since installing the mod?

Does it happen on a unmoddified default style?

Have you tried it on FireFox, Chrome, IE or only on CometBird?

Have you made sure there was a new event that would trigger a notification popup, like a new pm since installing the mod?

Does it happen on a unmoddified default style?

no i havent tried it on other browsers ...when i tested this i have another user setup and was sending pms back and forth and to no avail i was not getting any popup or anything

its late tonight i will try tomorrow when i get home from work on other browsers and see what happens

Also you can check your usercp and go to Notifications / Configure and make sure it is set up right in there.

Also you can check your usercp and go to Notifications / Configure and make sure it is set up right in there.

yes i am all good there as well i am checked to receive the notifications in user cp

this is weird to me cause i am using cb right now and i see all the notification popups here at db but will try a different browser tomorrow

ok i tried ff and ie and opera and google chrome browsers none of them will display the notification any suggestions on how to remedy this

I would say pm me a admin account, and a test account so I can look into it a bit later and see if I can see anything going on, if not I will have to pass it on to Fillip H..

I would say pm me a admin account, and a test account so I can look into it a bit later and see if I can see anything going on, if not I will have to pass it on to Fillip H..

before i do i like to work this out... i like to try to fix things on my own if i cant i will pm you the details

i just went into usercp here and into configure and those boxes you check in there i only have friend request there

in disable notifications and perm notifications and the only ones i have active is pms and friend request is there something i am missing with this a setting perhaps

Are all the notification types you want active set to yes in the ACP / DBTech - vBNotifications / Manage Notification Types

Are all the notification types you want active set to yes in the ACP / DBTech - vBNotifications / Manage Notification Types

yes here is a pic

notifications.PNG

and here is a pic of my user cp

notifications2.PNG

i am not seeing the private message in the user cp for some reason

Ok in the first screenshot, click on edit for Unread Private Messages and see what everything there is set to.

ok this had me frustrated to no end i did finally get this to work and what i had to do is highlight the permissions in Edit Notification Type then save this however is not good imo it wont let me highlight certain usergroups so i had to do them all ... i would like check boxes for this so i can check and uncheck the usergroups i want ...

on another note the black box that appears it goes away very quickly how do i change this ...

also i cannot have full bar and Legacy System put to yes the bar goes away and it doesnt work perhaps there is a solution for that

one last thing i have a mod its VSA pm system enhancements and what that does is when you get a pm it blinks the notification with vbnotications in full swing this does nothing even in legacy and bar turned off as of now i have vsa disabled

is it even possible to get this blinking perhaps

anyways thanks for listening

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy vBNotifications

vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads