Legacy Better looking mirror links?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sz1

Customer
Would be great if there was a function to name the mirror-links. The raw link looks a bit ugly if it´s too long.

Regards
SZ

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I´ve read that the next version is going to take a while ;(

Is there any way to get pretty links for me before the next release (by a quickfix or similiar)? That would be really really awesome!

Regards
SZ

We might have something coming up soon that would help with things like this, keep your eyes on the blogs over the next few weeks :)

Did I miss it? I´ve read your Blog over the last few weeks (and I will continue doing it just to be up to date) but didn´t see anything solving my problem. That´s not a reproach, just a question :)

Better looking mirror links are kind of an urgent matter for me. In our special case, we´re prohibited to offer some files directly on our page. Therefore we´re only allowed to link to about 60 to 70 percent of the files we´re offering. Because of that I´d like to have mirror links that I can name by myself instead of presenting the raw link to our users.

I know that Dylan ist working on vBGallery - I don´t want to stress him out. You guys are doing a great job!

Did I miss it? I´ve read your Blog over the last few weeks (and I will continue doing it just to be up to date) but didn´t see anything solving my problem. That´s not a reproach, just a question :)

Better looking mirror links are kind of an urgent matter for me. In our special case, we´re prohibited to offer some files directly on our page. Therefore we´re only allowed to link to about 60 to 70 percent of the files we´re offering. Because of that I´d like to have mirror links that I can name by myself instead of presenting the raw link to our users.

I know that Dylan ist working on vBGallery - I don´t want to stress him out. You guys are doing a great job!

Ah, no it fell through sorry :(. It might be something Dylan would be willing to do as a piece of custom work. It would probably be about $150 or so for the work (roughly 6-8 hours).

Cosmic

Sorry ;( - Despite the urgency, I don´t want to pay that much for it. I´ll have to wait until Dylan has the time for it I guess. But thanks for your offering and help!

Status
Not open for further replies.